How much water is enough?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 4, 2015 1:38pm
via Android

I was told for every 30kg (66lb) of body weight one should drink 1litre (0.26) of water a day. How often and much water do you drink a day?

04 Jan
I drink more than that. Round 4 ltr a day I guess.
05 Jan
Usually it's a gallon a day. Not even kidding lol I've been doing it. my skin is clearing up, and I don't feel so fatigued either. I would suggest maybe try drinking a 32oz-64oz every two hours if you really don't have time.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 4, 2015 8:01pm
via iOS
I heard it's the best to drink only if you're thirsty.
05 Jan
Indeed! The recommended amounts of drinking are derived from an obsolete study! Drink if your body tells you to by thirst - but do it then!
05 Jan
Not so much. When you're thirsty, your body is sending signals that it is, or is becoming dehydrated. Sip a bit every hour
05 Jan
Like often there's more than one opinion - I sensed the human body to be quite smart. Dehydration is a long way - but for sure it will not hurt to drink more than the body really needs - it will just spill the surplus :-)
05 Jan
I don't think this is helpful because your body says it's thirsty once it's already started to lack hydration.
07 Jan
The German Nutrition Society suggests to drink as much and as soon as you are thirsty (leaving out any specific medical conditions). For an adult in normal conditions and without sports the recommendation is around 1,5 litres (a good quarter gallon). Actually, when struggling with heart, liver or kidney, being a skinny woman or not eating enough, it can be harmful to health if you drink too much. But you guys can believe whatever you like.
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 4, 2015 8:08pm
via Android

Problem with me was I never got thirsty. I got these headache whre I use to take pain pills everyday and went to the doctor and he told me about this. Because 90% of the brain consist of water and if u dehydrated that's when I got the headaches

05 Jan
Headache is a way your body tells you that he might be thirsty!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 4, 2015 10:14pm
via Android

When I had a bad stomach ache because of blood collecting inside it I was advised a glass of water every hour. I can't keep up all the time but whenever I can I do. It does help in my case.

04 Jan
And how much of liters or gallons are that in a day? Where u from?
04 Jan
I am from India. I am up for 18 hours so give or rather take 15 glasses of water. That seems to be roughly 4-7 litres depending on the glass size
04 Jan
That's a lot of water. But u say it's a must. And why u up for 18 hours that's hectic so u sleep only 4nhours
04 Jan
I drink about 3 litres everyday. When i drink too little i tend to get really bad headaches and faint.
04 Jan
6 hours mate! 24-18=6 lol. It is more of a lifestyle than necessity. Sleeping is necessary waste. Too much to do in the day. Like study and all.
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 2:14am
via Android

It's roughly a gallon of water a day. When you are active it's a good idea to drink more. 7-10 oz every 10-20 minutes during your workout, and another 8 oz in the half hour after.
There are loads of ideas to get started on pintrest.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 5, 2015 3:32am
via Android

You should consume at least half of your body weight in ounces per day... Add to that amount when you work out or sweat profusely.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 5, 2015 6:40pm
via Android

If you don't have at least one clear piss a day, you're on the wrong track

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51