What classifies as healthy foods?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 9, 2015 4:32pm
via Android

What classifies as healthy food except vegetables and fruits. And what can a replace pasta and bread with. Im realy looking for examples of foods.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 4:37pm
via iOS
You don't have to actually replace pasta & bread, you simply need to change to wholewheat versions and eat in moderation. 
I have two cups of brown rice or wholemeal pasta a day and brown pitta breads. 

I work to a simple method: I imagine my plate is split into 3 parts. 1 part is protein (chicken, turkey, beef), 2 part is carbs (as above, brown rice etc) 3 part is greens (salad, vegetables)

You can go far wrong with that. 

Fruit is high in natural sugars so should also be eaten in moderation. I have an apple a day and sometimes a banana. 
09 Jan
Thanks!! This helps alot. I have another question. When you check food labels. What do i look for that shouldnt be there. I trying to eat healthier. I dont realy eat sweets but i still have a belly flab that wont vanish...
09 Jan
And sorry... one more thing.. is it imporant to eat 3times a day? I mostly just get time to eat dinner and sometimes breakfast...
10 Jan
My meals are pretty boring!! I only buy fresh food > chicken breast/turkey/salmon + brown rice/wholewheat pasta + broccoli/salads + oatmeal & a helluva lot of eggs!!!! Rather than looking at food labels I prefer to stay away from processed food as much as possible.
10 Jan
I eat small portions 6 times a day. Not because I have to, but because I feel less bloated/lethargic that way

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51