Type of protein

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 1:49am
via Android

I'm new to working out and I want to tone and build strength. I know nothing about supplements so I'm hoping someone can recommend a brand or type of protein powder I can use. Don't know if I should be taking it before or after my workout so I could use help with that too.

10 Jan
Clif bar makes a good post run/endurance run powder. The chocolate is tasty
11 Jan
Protien is good for post work out muscle recovery and also for day to day weight lose cause it makes you feel more full and passes through you quickly cause your body can't absorb it. I'd also suggest going to bodybuilding.com and doing some reading they offer starter packs for beginners. Also another tip when buying protien. Don't go buy the bug tubs cause they are cheaper. I'd buy the smaller the better and a few different flavors in case you don't like one or the other. Then purchase the one you like.
12 Jan
See the comments prove my point...fools and money are soon parted :-)
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 2:26am
via Android

GNC has good protein. Muscletech is good and can be found at Sam's Club. You can buy protein blends with added supplements like creatine and glutamine.  GNC has a pretty user friendly packaging. Little pictures of a lightning bolt for power, flexed arm for strength, stopwatch for recovery etc... Otherwise protein is protein. I was taking protein with creatine before workout and protein with glutamine after and on rest days but now I just used 100% whey protein. Figure I can push myself without the creatine and rest properly to ward off injury and the need for glutamine.  Good luck.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 10, 2015 2:44am
via iOS
Go to bodybuilding.com to find a variety of protein. Fast shipping and way cheaper than GNC. Whey protein is good to take right after a workout.
10 Jan
gnc is so ridiculous with their prices... Bodybuilding.com all the time
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 3:05am
via Android

Stick to isolates.  Low to no carbs, low to no sugars, low calories per serving and clean filtered protein. The one I use has the following:

90 calories per serving
0 sugar
0 carbs
25 grams protein
...and taste great in water and/or almond milk....

10 Jan
Isolate are the best form of protein but the reason blends are so popular and expensive is that they absorb at different rates in the body...making it better than all in one hit
10 Jan
Protien blends that is!
10 Jan
Yes exactly! This is what I use. I make my smoothies with it and off I go. I find that this creates setiaty. I have no cravings at all.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 11:14am
via Android

You dont need protein to just workout it will do nothing for you...the only people who say it does is companies wanting your money and the people who bealive what the companies say...

And even when your lifting weights the best protein comes from lean meats as its natural.

Image_thumb
201 Posts
Jan 10, 2015 8:12pm
via iOS
Everyone has great ideas on what type of protein, and you should take right after your workout.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 9:06pm
via Android

I feel in love with gain proteins^^

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51