Whey protein help!

3 posts | Original | Recent
51 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 11:42am
via Android

im considered quite a skinny girl, and currently trying to build muscles and maintain them at the same time. my weight drop easily and my muscles disappear easily too if im not consistent with gym (due to college n part timw work) . im just wondering what are the benefits of whey protein for a girl like me? someone told me that it would help me keep my weight steady and it contains no fat. so its the best choice for me. but im not sure if its worth for me to take whey protein or just consume the natural protein from meat, eggs etc. do i NEED it ?

385 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 3:11pm
via Android

Natural all the whey or way rather..

Protien is used as a supplement to natural proteins and mainly for body building the average person does not need it...

Unfortunately due to fad exercise groups selling there own heavily advertised proteins that will, depending on the group....make you lose weight or gain weight not sure if your supposed to think of one or the other and it magically happens...

...and there recommending it for anything from dancing to keep fit classes...fools and money are soon parted.

Back to topic....the general rule of thumb is to consune more calories than you burn .. eg. say on average you burn 3000 a day 2000 being alive, 500 at work and 500 during exercise tou need to eat around 3500 cals and you will see a weight increase other factors like metabolism and thyroid function come into play so you may need to increase that amount if its not working...there are bulking powers made of carbs and protein powers but as I said natural is best..low fat is good for the heart so plenty of vegetables and average size of meat throughout the day.

1657 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 3:14pm
via iOS
Matt is spot on with his response. All I would add is that you could drink a high calorie shake if you struggle to consume the calories:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey 
1 scoop protein (if you end up buying some) 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51