Pre and Post Workout

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 2:28pm
via iOS
I've just started working out but run out of energy mid way threw working out, anyone able to tell me what's the best pre and post workout foods/drinks
14 Jan
Natural proteins from meats and vegetables from carbs is what is needed as well plenty of water... in fact im looking at a poster right now at kickboxing that says 'Just 2% dehydration can cause 10% reduction in performance' if your working out in the morning porridge or if time eggs..i love poached 3 with salt n pepper
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 14, 2015 2:52pm
via Android

Eat protein after like boiled eggs, avocado, nuts.

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 3:17pm

What kind of workouts are you doing? If you're mainly focused on cardio, then make sure you're staying hydrated during your workout. Don't eat for at least one hour before an intense cardio workout and for recovery try drinking Gatorade or something similar to help replace the electrolytes you lose when you sweat.

For strength training workouts, if you are tired during your workout it's a sign that you're not eating and sleeping enough in general. After a lifting session, make sure to get enough protein and water to help your muscles repair themselves. Otherwise you're going to be really sore and tired.

The thing that helped me when I was getting really fatigued in my workouts was making sure I was getting enough water and sleep. I was also sometimes working the same muscle groups two days consecutively and for me that was too much, my body needed more time to recover. So I guess it could also be muscle fatigue that's getting you tired during your workouts.

Everyone is different though. I hope I've given you some good ideas that you can try out and see what works best for you.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 7:28pm
via Android

I'm new to this also but I found that some mornings its really hard to keep going if I'm not keeping hydrated and granola bars after an intense workout are amazing. Lol
Other than that just try to gradually build up so you don't tire yourself out too much or injure a body part, and it'll make it so much easier next time too.

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 11:27pm
via Android

I always try and have a strong coffee half an hour before a workout. It wakes you up and gives you a good boost. It seems to work for me anyway.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 1:04am
via Android

Black market labs adrenalyn cuts. Pro fight supplements creatine. L- carnitine for my pre workout. And then muscle pharm recon with 4 oz chicken breast or salmon and wild rice for my post workout. If I'm in a rush and can not eat whole food I'll drink a isopure pro mass or zero carb.

16 Jan
C4 pre workout 30 minutes before, sips of water throughout the workout, and 2 scoops whey protein with 20 Oz of water immediately after workout.
16 Jan
Sorry Jovon Y., I meant to post directly to the thread.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 17, 2015 12:27am
via iOS
Another good trick to keep your energy up during a workout is to make sure you get a good heathy dose of endorphins by increasing your heart rate to around 160 Bpm for 30 sec to a minute during your workout by jumping on a cardio machine or just getting real intense for a bit. it hurts for a little while but it works I see ppl in the gym all the time that look miserable because if you go half way it is miserable but if you push your heart rate up for a little while your body will produce those endorphins to manage the pain I have it down to a science but you might have to adjust the bpm's or the interval to make it work

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51