Which is better....

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 12:21pm
via Android

eating before working out or after working out ??

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 2:02pm
via iOS
If your doing cardio it's better to not eat before you workout because you burn more fat!!
Image_thumb
44 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 3:55pm
via Android

I think if you eat after you work is better because if I try to eat before I get bad cramps. I do though drink a protean shake before my workouts.

Image_thumb
124 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 4:14pm
via Android

Thank you

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 8:50am
via Android

Rubbish . Your body will save as much as it can to preserve the stored energy (fat) and after the workout do the same store what you ate as fat...if anything it will burn muscle as energy instead of fat.

Eating before hand not only gives you energy to burn safely but also allows your body to burn stored energy (fat) as its taking energy in, it allows energy out.

The idea is to consume less calories than you burn in a day spread equally over around 6 small meals..

Exercising is a catalyst that builds cardio or muscular strength in the process but not technically essential to fat loss and neither is starvation as the body will store more!

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 9:39pm
via Android

Essentially it comes to how hard you intend to push yourself and what time you train. If you're doing a big leg or back session then I recommend you do not eat anything any closer than 2 hours before your workout, liquids excluded. If you're doing a morning session then training on a heavy stomach is uncomfortable. Protein and oats shake should do the trick in the morning but I recommend having a liquid meal before most workouts anyway although regular daily eating patterns should sustain the body through a normal workout.

You should consume a mix of protein and carbs following your workout to replenish the fuel and nutrients consumed. Along with servings of green veggies in the hours following. This will make the most of the bodies peak GH release during workouts and help increase insulin as GH declines, promoting protein synthesis and helping maintain an anabolic state rather than forcing your body in to an undesired catabolic state.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51