Food to eat during workouts?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 11:05pm
via iOS
Sometimes in the midst of a workout I can get shaky and weak. I find that a tablespoon or two of raw honey is effective to keep me going. Any other foods or tricks that people out there use ?
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 11:11pm
via Android

I like to drink my bcaas during workout. I feel like I can keep going with Max intensity with a bcaa drink. I use to eat dry almonds but that made me drink way too much water.

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 11:19pm
via iOS
Oh yeah.  I used to mix that with wAter and honey for long bike rides.   Thanks I need to get back to using the BCAAs.
16 Jan
I am going to try this new supplement called gear e shock for during workouts. It has bcaas and beta alanine. I can let you know how it is once I start using it
16 Jan
Yes let me know how that works! Thanks
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 11:40pm
via Android

I use fuel by BSC. Great bcaa and vitamin mix. Also peanut butter is a great source to help charge you through or even top you up once your done, no joke.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 17, 2015 4:56am
via Android

I find Peanut butter the best for an extra energy boost during training and of course staying hydrated is most important. Also if the pre workout meal is sufficient consisting of carbs and protein it should sustain me during my workout.  If all else fails I take a pre-workout or just a strong shot of espresso about 30mins before my workout. Some pre-workouts make me a bit jittery though so I don't use it too often, I try and always have a scoop of whey protein before my workout too.

17 Jan
Try a piece of bread or a granola bar.
Images_10_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 17, 2015 6:30am

Eating honey with the almonds is one of the best to eat during workouts. Other than this if you drink energy drinks such as juices then its too good.
------------------

http://www.cellublue.com/

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51