Meal Plan Advice

1 post | Original | Recent
12 Posts
Jan 20, 2015 7:58am

Hi all,

I know this gets asked all the time, but I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to give me some advice on my current meal plan to try and help shed a few pounds!

I'm currently working out 5 days a week for roughly 30 minutes each day and eating the following [yes it's boring, but it's easier for me to eat the same every day as I've got a newborn demanding most of my attention :)]...

Bowl of porridge (Golden Syrup/Plain)

Mid Morning Snack
1x Apple
10x Almonds

Tuna and salad with hot sauce

Afternoon Snack
10x Almonds
1x Protein Shake (Chocolate Flavour) with Water

-- Workout --

Post Workout
1x Protein Shake (Unflavoured) with 1 Banana, handful of Blueberries and 250ml Skimmed Milk

2 Chicken Breasts
250g Basmati Rice (Cooked weight)
Large portion of Brocolli

All advice extremely welcome, thanks!

20 Jan
Why do you eat this what, let me know what are you intentions with your diet and I'll tweak it for you. I assume you have your calories addressed? I'll just adjust your macros and meals to suit your goals.
20 Jan
Goal is the lose fat and maintain existing muscle mass. Aiming for a 40/40/20 split on roughly 2200 calories.
20 Jan
Ugh I'm going to throw this phone soon. Dunno what Samsung brain they plugged in but it's auto correct and predict is useless lol... really need to read my stuff before sending. Righto give me time I'll get back to you in about 15 mins. At work
20 Jan
Righto, try having oats in the morning every 3rd day instead of everyday. Swap it for a protein source like eggs or even a bit of steak and some almonds. Your apple and almonds snack: swap the apple out for a bigger serve of almonds or almond, avocado and cottage cheese mix. Introduce the apple back in with your tuna and salad or even closer to your workout so maybe with your pre workout shake. Swap the basmati rice for brown/sweet potato.
20 Jan
Also remove the almonds from your afternoon snack if you're having the apple then. Try changing protein sources and carb sources so you don't get sick of eating chicken rice broccoli etc. Asparagus, steak, fish, sweet potatoes are all great options.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51