Bread Substitute

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 3:02am
via iOS
I LOVE bread and everyone always talks about how bad it is for you but I feel like I can't get away from it. Does anyone know a good bread substitute that is healthy?
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 3:57am
via iOS
I am a bread lover too!!! And I hate how it has so many carbs :/ buuut You can go to the store and buy coconut flour and find some recipes for that and the carbs are way lower (have not tried it yet tho) and I've tried this stuff called cloud bread which is pretty good for sandwiches and stuff and is easy to make just google the recipe!!
06 Feb
I'm just wondering why all the recipes for cloud bread contain sweetener? I've learned that it's best to stay away from both artificial and natural sweeteners since they can trigger carb and sugar cravings. Sugar alcohol-based sweeteners will also raise blood sugar levels.
06 Feb
I think all it took was eggs cream of tarter cream cheese and one small pack of Splenda which I'm sure you could leave out not sure how it would taste tho
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 5:54am
via Android

TAPIOCA

But I don't know if you have that in your country.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 9:56am
via Android

Bread isn't all that bad (i dont eat it much though cuz i try to do low carb) but you could at least try to look at the labels and start trying different kinds of whole grain breads with less sugar and more nutrition.

In the end it's really all about getting proper nutrition and not eating too many calories. Bread can be a part of that if you pay attention to what you're doing.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 10:17am
via Android

For slower carbs try wholegrain bread. It shouldn't contain anything but wholegrain, water and salt, no additives or preservatives.
I also make my own low carb bread from eggs, cheese and sesame seeds. There are a lot of low carb bread substitute recipes around and they're usually really simple. I wouldn't go for the one's with almond or coconut flour though, since they are still quite rich in carbs if you eat them a lot.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51