5 posts | Original | Recent
11 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 12:16am
via Android

I know it reccommended to get your vitamins and minerals from food, but do you guys supplement with a multi? If so , what brand are you taking and why? I was taking source of life liquid.

821 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 2:37am
via Android

I take foundation series multivitamin.  I chose it for price and quality. It's the best multi I've seen. I highly recommend it.

385 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 9:28am
via Android

Any store multi A to Z vitamin will do..I also recommend cod liver oil as well...liquid or capsules!

211 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 4:41pm

Almost very multi-vitamin pill doesn't make sense. It's not good to combine all vitamins and most of them also have minerals, which shouldn't be taken together at the same time.

Also you can get too much vit a+d and also ferrum.

If you want to substitue, take vitamin b-complex, some vitamin c spreaded during the day and magnesium and cink one or two hours after your meal.

If you take vitamin a,e,d and k take it while you're eating (needs fat).

Vitamin c increases the assimilation of ferrum from your meals.

For girls: You usually can take extra ferrum. Guys in general have enough and shouldn't add more.

382 Posts
Feb 7, 2015 2:18pm
via Android

I take large amounts of vitamin D (I live far up north) and sometimes potassium. I feel I don't need to bulk up on all vitamins and minerals when I get them from food. There has also been a couple of studies in the past few years showing a connection between multivitamin supplements and an increased risk of cancer.

08 Feb
Yes I've seen them studies in New scientist showing vitamins have no benefit whatsoever and some carcinogenic evidence.. but having been ill every winter season since a young child and not ill when taking multi vits...placebo or not, its worth it.
14 Feb
I heard about that cancer scare too, also learned through a consultation, most multivitamins aren't really digestible and your body still has to filter through it all. I always thought that I had a placebo that within a week of taking multis I'm sick, whereas without I go months without a sickness when I leave it out.
14 Feb
I should also add they pressed that you get what you pay for when it comes to quality
15 Feb
It's ok to substitue calcium, magnesium and potassium, it's hard to get enough just with food. Though we may not confuse minerals and multivitamin. The danger to get canser is real, if you eg take much vitamin e without viatmin c.Or if you take high dosis vitamin d. The same is if you smoke, already are ill and add much vitamin a. In gerneral, you can't take too much of all vitamins which are water-soluble but have to be careful with those who are liposuluble. I agree Anna, the best is always to get it from your food, but as...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51