Hungry

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 9:11am
via Android

I'm so freaking hungry all the time and I can't decide whether it's because of muscle growth or if it's because I quit sugar and snacks a couple of weeks ago.

Typical day:
Breakfast 8/8.30: 2 dl Turkish yoghurt with a fistful of berries and 1 dl of granola (homemade, sugar free, slow carb) or a couple of boiled eggs
Snack 10.30: coffee with full fat milk and some snack, today it's cheese
Lunch 13.00: leftovers or something like a tuna salad with boiled eggs, or fried eggs with bacon, coffee
Dinner 18.00: homemade; fish, chicken, lasagna with zucchini instead of pasta, vegetables.
No carbs after lunch and no eating past dinner except on Sugar Friday.

As for working out I've so far in February worked out for an average of 45 minutes a day. I work out in the morning before eating.

My goals: build muscle and boost metabolism, tone up, get rid of a couple of inches around the waist.

19 Feb
Dont fry anything thats also bad
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 9:20am
via Android

13 to 18:00 is a long break between food. Drink more water as your mind can't tell the difference between hunger and thirst. Eat every 3 hours. After 13:00 your next meal should be at 16:00 and the last meal can be at 19:00. Eat more protein as it tends to keep you fuller and your metabolism revved up.

09 Feb
Weird thing is that I'm a lot more hungry in the morning and before noon and not hungry at all between lunch and dinner. But maybe that's some kind of vicious circle that has to do with me not eating enough in the afternoon.
09 Feb
I mean the afternoon the day before.
09 Feb
Or maybe I should just change my routine altogether, like breakfast 8.30, lunch 11.30, snack 15.00, dinner 18.00 and possible protein only snack in the evening if necessary. And protein rich snack like cottage cheese before working out, because otherwise I go two hours without eating before breakfast. (Sorry for the comment bombing, haha!)
09 Feb
You do weight train right?
09 Feb
It's maybe because when you sleep your body starves for that you need casein protein before bed not necessarily from the powder, it depends upon you. I recently got the powder but before that I was drinking 3-4 glasses of skimmed milk before bed which I then substituted for 2 glasses of fat free milk and 100 gms cottage cheese. Now the powder has made it easier and it's economical in the long run. Hope it helps
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 11:06am
via Android

Yes cottage cheese is awesome at night time and as you said it's packed with casien so taking it pre workout ain't the wise thing to do as casien is slow digesting protein. You'll be safer with eggs and an apple. 

09 Feb
Check at the ratio between proteion and carb. Exemple say granola as a ratio of 10g of carb and 2g of protein. The ratio would be 2 / 10 = 0.2. This is bad. Ratio should be higher than 0.5 min.
09 Feb
Wing: do I need to do this for every ingredient separately, or count the ratio for the whole meal? Well either way the ratio for yoghurt + berries + granola doesn't turn out good, darn. And how about fat? Also, I only eat the granola breakfast after working out, is that to be taken into consideration somehow?
19 Feb
Lot of sugar in granola. Not much protein. You could add some protein im your breakfast. As long as the whole meal as a ratio over .5 your on the right track
19 Feb
There's no sugar at all in my granola, it's sweetened with a little bit of honey. I need to calculate the calorie and nutrition values of it. But yeah, I need to eat some eggs or something.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 11:21am
via Android

If you want to know more about protein ratio. Write me. Other thing. Protein cuts the need to eat and burns fat at the same time. Win win. :-)

Have a good protein day.

09 Feb
I replied to your comment on the post below, check it out! You can reply on this comment instead.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 3:30am
via Android

Also eat at least 6 times a day. You will think that youl go fat but its the other way. The body reacts bizarre.   Loll

19 Feb
But in all dont go over 1600 calories
19 Feb
I know, I'm struggling soo much with eating often enough! I tend to forget that I need to eat because I get so absorbed in whatever I'm doing and woops, it's 14.30 and I haven't even had lunch yet.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51