Cheat meal?

6 posts | Original | Recent
52 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 1:39pm
via Android

Can I have a cheat meal and if so how often ? Yesterday I drank half a coke and ate some instant soup I feel really guilty right now. I've been eating very healthy like no bread sugars takeout etc. Can somebody please give me a tip or something of the sort

09 Feb
I try to give myself a cheat meal at least once a week now at first I went a long time with out a cheat meal cause it was easier that way!
09 Feb
Thank you. I haven't had a cheat meal since January 14
4 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 1:55pm
via Android

Allow yourself little rewards after you've completed a goal. Like if your goal is to work out 4 times a week, allow yourself some take out after you've done it.

09 Feb
Thank you I don't know what I'd do without you guys advice help and support
195 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 2:04pm
via Android

Besides the reward, same as with the workouts, you have to 'shock' your body once in awhile so that it cannot  adapt to certain circumstances (that's why diets all must fail). So actually it's good to cheat sometimes (at least every two weeks) and go clean again afterwards.

1657 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 2:49pm
via iOS
Think of it as a 'carb-loading' day 
96 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 3:31pm

Veronica, I would caution you against thinking this way. Being fit is about changing your lifestyle. This is not a two week journey. This is something that takes a lot of time. Yes, everyone and I mean EVERYONE makes mistakes but that's just what they are MISTAKES. I have eaten what could be called a "cheat meal" but I don't choose to identify it that way or to celebrate it, or look forward to it as a means of motivation.

On that note, why would you want to motivate yourself to change your eating habits and lifestyle by "rewarding" yourself with horrible food? If you were quitting smoking would you reward yourself with a few cigarettes after achieving a set goal of going without them?

Think of things in the opposite terms. Instead of focusing on the cheat meal, focus on the fact that you ate better the next meal. The fact that you didn't fall into old habits. The fact that you're still pushing yourself on this journey and that no matter how many mistakes you make, or how often you make them, you're NOT going to give up. So don't center on the "cheats" during your journey but rather celebrate your "recoveries" from them.

Yes it's okay to have a cheat meal but ONLY if you recognize it as such, recommit yourself to not let it happen again, and keep pushing yourself toward your goals. This kind of commitment and lifestyle change is not easy, but those of us who keep working despite our mistakes, will be that much stronger at the end of it.

09 Feb
Great minds think alike. I'm not planning on it anymore. Yesterday I had a huge moment of weakness but I stopped halfway on everything I thought I work real hard and here I am shoving crappy stuff in me. I don't think its wrong to have a cheat meal but I just feel I won't do it again I'm kicking old habits to the curb. Thank you
09 Feb
61 Posts
Feb 9, 2015 4:02pm
via Android

I will not say don't have cheat meals but I will say is be careful ! I do not have cheat meals. Am sure you don't want to be going back and forth on this journey. I see it as a journey that should progress and not fluctuate.
  You imagine, instead of burning the accumulated calories from your cheat meals, why not burn from the previous one and reach your goal(s) faster?
   It's a thing of the mind dear. You can do it. Only remain positive ! I can guarantee you that as long as you are here, and determined, you will never be discouraged. Keep it going!  It's worth it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51