Best "Diets"

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 12:40am
via Android

So i know "diet" isn't the best word, but I can't think of anything better.
Anyways, which "diet" would is best in your opinion; Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo, Raw, or anything else you can think of?
I'd prefer more than a few word answer, like explain why you think one is better than the other.
Please keep in mind that I'm sixteen, about to go to college, and live right outside of a big city so anything like growing my own food or buying organic will be very hard for me.
Thanks for the insight! ^-^

11 Feb
I think that the volumetric diet is awesome. You basically eat more of foods that are less calorie dense than those that are not. I eat a lot of fruits & vegetables, and moderate everything else. I can eat until I feel full without worrying whether I've eaten too many calories. My only problem is that I sometimes eat too few calories, but I can easily eat something like nuts to increase my intake. I am also eating vegan, which is very challenging at times. It involves a lot of prep work & homework, but it seems to be getting...
11 Feb
US News did a review of different diets that I found super helpful. Maybe you will too? http://health.usnews.com/best-diet
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 1:20am
via iOS
When you think of the term "diet" you mentally believe that it is temporary or a quick fix. Personally I think you should stick to wholesome foods, fresh produce, or locally grown, lots of vegetables, minimal fruit as the sugar contents can be high, lean meats, lots of water, herbal tea and stay away from the "isles" of the grocery store. Fill your body with fresh food and you will see it as a lifelong lifestyle change. Biggest things to watch out for - no suggar, low fat or no fat foods, limit your sugar intake and stay away from condiments. hope this briefly helps!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 1:49am
via Android

A Mediterraneandiet” seems like the healthiest and most do able long term. I'm trying to make the transition to Mediterranean myself, and I don't ever feel like I'm depriving myself. There is a good bit of research into the health benefits, which is the main reason I'm trying to make it a life style change. Its a lot of veggies, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and lean meats like fish. Limiting dairy and processed foods is also a big part of it, but I love my dairy! That's the only part I don't really stick to.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 11:11am
via Android

I just want to say that it really annoys me that the word diet has become synonymous to losing weight. To me diet means way of eating.

With that said, I strongly believe in eating food that's made from scratch. Organically grown and all that's great (there are studies showing that organically grown vegetables contain more nutrients) but the important part is good, wholesome ingredients. Food that comes from nature and not from a factory, and that's free from additives.

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 2:41pm
via Android

I've had some success just following the rule, if it comes in a box don't eat it. You're right, crash diets don't work. If you're going to make a sincere lifestyle change you are more likely to have success if you take baby steps and move gradually towards your goal. The more you make drastic changes the more you shock your system and the more likely you are to revert to your old ways. Whatever healthy eating style you go with, whatever you do, don't even try to do it perfectly overnight.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 4:59pm
via Android

Just want to say, I'm not trying to lose weight or have a 'quick fix', I'm almost underweight as is. I'm doing this to gain weight. I used the term diet for lack of a better word.
But thank you for your opinions still. I just wanted to make my intentions clearer.

Feb 12, 2015 5:57pm
via Android

By minimal fruit intake I believe at the most two fruits a day?
Cause fruits provide essential nutrients for our body e.g. citrus fruits give vitamin C. About the high sugar content......fruits have simple sugars which are easy to digest and with proper workout will be neutralised. I believe fruits play an I,portant role in our diet and we shouldn't really avoid them.

12 Feb
Vegetables are just as high in vitamins, so you could just eat a tomato instead.
12 Feb
Yes that's true but does that mean we should avoid fruits? Fruits obviosly give us something that vegetables cannot....I'm not a nutrition expert, but I strongly believe that not eating fruits would not be one of the solutions.....am I Right?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51