I need to gain weight please help

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 6:56pm
via iOS
So I haven't been eating well due to depression this week and I've shed a lot. I have been working out but not eating (literally bites of one meal a day all this week) I was wondering if I should stop working out and just focus on gaining and then turn it into muscule or what ... I want to be thick not skinny :/ I really hate chicken legs and bones
13 Feb
You need to see a psychologists that can help with your depressive symptoms. Also I would get yoir thyroid checked as the weight problem and the depression can be caused by a hormone imbalance.
14 Feb
Go McDonalds hhh
15 Feb
I've been feeling the same too ,hard to find motivation haven't been exercising hardly over past year . Found this app and really seems to be helping me find my motivation :-)
15 Feb
U can do both . U can do it girl :-)
15 Feb
You can do it
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 7:11pm
via iOS
Keep working out and eat to match. Watch your macros (carbs, protein, fat) and eat at a slight calorie surplus. Try balancing your macros at 50% carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 20% fat with a 200 - 300 calorie surplus per week.
14 Feb
200-300 per week is not much - she would barely see it. I'd go with this surplus per day.
15 Feb
Yes that's true but it's better to start with a slow bulk to keep it clean then work up to a larger surplus.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 7:41pm
via Android

You can pull through girlie, I get like that too when I'm depressed.
Honestly, whenever I can, I bring some healthy food with me to one of my favorite spots, like a pull out on the highway with a view, or I'll eat in the parking lot in front of a walking trail and visualize how good I'm going to feel after a good hearty meal and a long walk or workout.
I usually eat high in natural oils like fish (because my diet needs fats while I work out) when I'm in these moods. Greens and crunchy vegetables and sweet fruits brighten up the meal too! Working out helps keep your mind out of the gutter, I find. Your body needs fuel to do what you want it to, so try a shake or two if you don't have it in your routine already :) they are easy to get down and I find the sample packs of something I haven't tried adds a little excitement to the day!
Keep in mind who you're working out for doll ;)

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 13, 2015 7:47pm
via Android

بوب

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:15pm
via iOS
So I calculated my bmi and it says I'm under weight (5'5 and 107 pounds) what calorie intake would you recommend do gain fast and how much of it should I burn a day ? (If you know ) :)
14 Feb
Google for calculators giving you your metabolic rate in rest - it depends on your gender, age, weight, height aso. Too different for each of us to give advices. Then add your activity level being a factor: 1.2 for very few activity, 1.375 for easy activity 1-3 days a week, 1.55 for moderate activity 3-5 times, 1.725 for intense activity 6-7 times a week. This is what you should consume (in the said balance) to keep your weight.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 8:15pm
via iOS
So I calculated my bmi and it says I'm under weight (5'5 and 107 pounds) what calorie intake would you recommend do gain fast and how much of it should I burn a day ? (If you know ) :)
13 Feb
Your tall for me lol eat more my friend is super slim he gained 6lbs in 2 weeks and he eats a lot of protein and oatmeal plus he has an extremely bad habit of walking around with a 60lb vest strapped on him
14 Feb
You shouldn't gain fast the most you can gain is a pound of muscle every week the rest of it is all going to be fat and I am guessing you don't want that. Go for 18-20 calories per pound of bodyweight if you're working out hard
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 9:04pm
via Android

Hear are some foods you may want to eat in order to help you fight depression. Avocados, walnuts, grass fed beef, garlic, chocolate, cashews, berries, asparagus and drink green tea.

Feb 14, 2015 4:09pm
via iOS
eat protein and eat meals 3 times a day. you can keep training but takes protein because if you don't you'll really lose strength after your workout when you're going to burn calories, everyone can continue!
sorry for my english, i'm french :)
14 Feb
This happens to me too...when I really can't eat I drink nutrition shakes (Ensure, if you can find them) that are designed to give ill/older people nutrition. It will help keep your stamina up so you can start feeling better!
14 Feb
Whoop sorry meant to reply to main thread. And your English looks great!
14 Feb
Herbalife formula 1 shakes do the same thing they give you everything you need in a shake you can use to replace a meal or go along with a meal depending on what you want to do weather it's loss gain or maintain weight.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 14, 2015 11:30pm
via Android

This happens to me too, so when I am too sad to eat I have turned to ensure shakes. They are nutrition shakes that are designed for people who are ill and/or old and need extra nutrition. They will help you keep your stamina up so you can get better

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 15, 2015 7:42am
via iOS
Where do you buy your clothes? I'm really thin too, and I have trouble finding the right sizes for my upper body :/
16 Feb
Hollister and clothes at Nordstrom always fit me the best !
17 Feb
Thank you so much for the suggestions
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 15, 2015 7:52am
via Android

Same.

15 Feb
Intake more home made foods not fast foods but more fatty foods and protein trust me you will gain it.
Skimble-workout-trainer-profile-micah-greer-7_thumb
465 Posts
Feb 18, 2015 3:20pm

Some great suggestions here on getting your nutrition through protein shakes. If your not feeling up to eating, drinking a shake with protein, fruits, and veggies would be a great alternative. 

Make sure you're eating good quality foods to promote a positive hormonal balance. Sometimes depression can be caused by hormonal imbalance, overtraining, or . . . mean people. The good news is that you can control all 3 factors :)

Keep us updated!

18 Feb
Ти очин красиваяа девушка
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 5:05pm
via Android

Omg your so beutiful im trying to gain weight also

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51