Tuna issue

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 7:48pm
via Android

How much tuna is too much tuna I eat tuna at least once a day just plain old tuna with half avocado

Image_thumb
66 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 10:12pm
via Android

With the avocado, that may be a little high in fat

13 Feb
Yea I'm thinking on that might stop eating avocado its getting tiring
19 Feb
High fat! Well yes if you are cutting. But we need good fat which is in avacado to help fight bad fat and keep our joints lubed. It's better eating mayo and everything people put in tuna. I used carrots, celery, habaneros, jalapeños, chives, and green pepper. Sometimes a bit of mustard. You would have to eat a awful lot of tuna in one day for it to be too much.
19 Feb
So mayo is better? I see mayo when is been out for a day and It looks like fat
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 11:22pm
via Android

tuna has one of the highest counts of mercury. It's too bad too cause it is such a good source of protein and omega 3s.  So yeah everyday might be a little excessive

13 Feb
Thank u I was eating twice a day tuna I can't stop its my favorite thing to eat
19 Feb
Again even though it has high counts twice a day isn't enough to harm us. Just to be worry free keep your water intake high. It helps flushing the organs out. One thing we body builders or those of us who partake in high protein diets we forget to flush our bodies out. A lot of protein burdens the kidneys, liver and other organs. So drink water and consume lots of green and eat your tuna. ;)
19 Feb
Thank you!
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 6:43pm
via Android

No the avacado is better. Avacado is a super food.  Eat it and enjoy. Mayo is bad. I have no mayo in my home. I haven't used may since the early 2000. I wasn't raised on it. So I have no need for it.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 19, 2015 7:37pm

tuna won't kill ya! 2 or 3 tins a week is fine, just switch it up with salmon/tilapia/shrimp

with mayo you may as well inject fat straight into your veins! I used to love tuna and mayo but have it with soy sauce now instead or make a tuna melt with low fat cheese.

Avocado is awesome too, just be careful as it's high in healthy fats so usually 1/2 a day or one is best for most people. As you've told me that you have a problem with carbs though it might be better for you to have higher healthy fats each day to compensate

19 Feb
I switched it I put jalapeños and lettuce In it I don't like Mayo at all

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51