Best foods to boost energy?!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 7:33pm
via Android

So please share any tips you have regarding energy boosting foods. Please no proteins or supplements, just natural products.

For example my best foods to eat before a workout are; bananas, tuna, nuts, eggs and sweet potato.

All foods that I find give me a lot of energy and I want to know if you guys have any others?

02 Mar
They have negative calorie energy drinks now
02 Mar
Pasta
02 Mar
Edwin I can't drink energy drinks. I suffer with IBS :(
03 Mar
Cinnamon water. Take cinnamon sticks and boil them in water, chill and serve.
03 Mar
I would so not recommend having energy drinks before working out, or at all for that matter. And when it comes to "negative calories", they won't provide you with energy and nutrients for the workout, since they supposedly burn more energy than they give, which I find myself VERY sceptical to. There are some beverages, like cold water, that could be seen as negative calorie and if you want to experiment with that I'd recommend drinking water instead of more or less artificial energy drinks.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 8:13pm
via Android

Cottage cheese and almonds!

Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Mar 2, 2015 8:56pm
via iOS
I've tried a lot of pre-workout supplements and a banana and a shot of espresso still works best for me before hitting the gym
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 4:47am
via Android

All the things you have mentioned I like and eat regularly before a workout. With the addition of a spurliana shake you got it nailed.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51