Hungry after workout

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 11:42am
via Android

So I've been working out the past 7 months but recently decided to start exercising at night as well. I noticed after my workout at night I get very hungry of course I don't want to eat late so what would be an alternative to helping with this? Thanks in advance

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 12:04pm
via Android

Have a protein packed snack after your night workout ranging from a peanut butter sandwich(highish fat content) to a protein shake(low fat) you can also have some lean meat etc

03 Mar
And if you're set on not eating then drink lots of water which will make you feel fuller and avoid food but I wouldn't recommend that as your body needs protein after a workout as it does carbs but you can skip them if you'd want. Good luck with your goals
03 Mar
Well said Raja. Protein to help your body rebuild while you rest is great.
03 Mar
Yeah thanks and I noticed your change in name lol I always thought what kind of a last name irrelevant is but I thought it to be irrelevant to ask :p
04 Mar
Do you guys know how long it takes to lose 50 llbs
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 5:05pm
via Android

Me personally I'm not a big fan of this 'not eating late' theory. I know, insulin and all that. BUT: in the end of the day it just matters what resp. how much (regarding calories) you eat, not when. As long as your calorie balance in every 24 hours is negative, you will lose weight. Period.

Studies even showed that it doesn't matter what you eat: when counting calories you can even hit McDonald's and not gain. Problem is: this stuff does not only lack nutrients and vitamins, it will also make you hungry again quickly.

Remark on insulin: You may halt your body burning fat due to insulin production when eating late - but on the other hand may have a higher rate in the hours before while you were not eating. Plus: I'm burning my fat through workouts - whatever the body burns in rest is a bonus.

Last remark: after a tough workout with (body)weights and cardio your body needs energy to build muscles and refill the empty storages - that's why you're hungy in the first place. Your body's not stupid: he tells you what he needs (same with water) - listen to him.

274519_533633857_158569151_n_thumb
1 Post
Mar 4, 2015 2:29am
via iOS
How do you mean the calories should be negative?
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 5:20am
via Android

To lose it you need to burn more than you consume - a negative balance.

Search for Scotty Ks topic on calculating your calories. I would link it, but I don't know how...

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 5:37am
via Android

Give your body what it needs. Just watch your portions.
I agree a good protein shake after a work would probably be best. Your body needs it's nutrients to repair itself especially after a hard workout. Denying it what it's begging for would do more harm than good.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 5:30am
via iOS
I workout at nights too and I always get hungry afterwards. I would recommend fruits or a handful of almonds or walnuts. Cereal is also very fulfilling after a workout and its a pretty light snack.
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 6:07pm
via Android

Simple DON'T WORKOUT AT NIGHT. Good luck.

06 Mar
I get hungry at any part of the day after I work out. Especially if I haven't gotten enough calories before hand . The hunger is just your body begging for the nutrients to repair itself
06 Mar
That's a stupid rule - one should and can work out when he likes to
06 Mar
...or she. Lol
06 Mar
Btw: True and Amen D.J.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51