Snacks high in protein and fat

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 9:06am
via Android

What's your favorite snack that's high in protein and fat? I'm getting so freaking tired of Turkish yoghurt, cottage cheese, nuts and cheese (apparently it's possible to grow tired of cheese, I never would've guessed). I need to eat more protein, so suggestions on really high-protein snacks are welcome! I usually have a 50-150 cal snack twice a day (YES, Raja, I still need to have one more between lunch and dinner).

12 Mar
Interested in the replies too. Need to up my game on the protein front. Thanks for posting Anna.
12 Mar
Chicken legs.. I buy them cooked (roasted) every week...and eat one as when, sprinkle of salt Mmm!
12 Mar
Mmmmmmmmm chicken!
12 Mar
That's a brilliant idea Matt! I'll add that on my list.
12 Mar
I've tried canned salmon for protein and healthy fat.. For protein only, canned white tuna.
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 9:44am
via Android

I like sweet potatoes. And a good source of fiber also.

12 Mar
Thanks, but it's only 2 grams of protein and 27 grams of carbs so it doesn't really fit into my diet.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 12:50pm
via iOS
Beef jerky
Almond butter-covered apple slices 
Almonds (15-20) 
Small minced turkey balls 
Tuna cheese melt 
12 Mar
Almond butter? Learning something new and yummy everyday....
12 Mar
yeah, almond butter is a nice alternative to peanut butter. I tend to use almonds for fats though to cut the sugar content down.
12 Mar
We use almond butter and peanut butter, but we grind raw peanuts and almonds for our butters, we don't buy store brands.
15 Mar
So much to learn...loving this. :D
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 2:22pm
via Android

The canned salmon is not bad at all. Very different from fresh.  Beef and other forms of jerky taste great, but it are so full of salt, and any more we can't find any that hasn't had a bunch of sugar added.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 4:26pm
via Android

Haha thanks for the shout out lol so here goes my input, a peanut butter sandwich! You can eat the brown bread or if you don't want the carbs then try eating almonds but they are high in their calories

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 4:29pm
via Android

Quest Bar's

12 Mar
I second that, Im a questbar junkie!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 4:53pm

I forgot to mention that home-made protein bars are excellent as well as you can moderate the calories to fit what you want (fat/protein/carbs) and are a fraction of the cost of store-bought protein bars.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 5:02pm
via Android

Thank you all! I've got some new ideas to try now. I'm so glad no one mentioned eggs, lol.

15 Mar
Eggs. Covered in white...eggs.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 2:17am
via iOS
Sliced apples with cheese
Celery with peanut butter
Oatmeal with full fat greek yogurt
Nuts-macadamia, almonds, cashews, etc.
Vegetables with hummus
Beef jerky
Popcorn topped with coconut oil
Nutella & a 1/2 banana on a half whole grain bagel
2% cottage cheese & ricotta on the other half bagel
Avocado on pretty much anything (I eat mine in smoothies mostly)
Eggs (sorry)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 5:17am
via Android

I make a kind of "cereal" out of a bunch of different chopped nuts.  I throw some almonds and walnuts & pecans in a food processor, then store em in the freezer, then add them with pumpkin & sunflower seeds, sometimes Macadamia and cashews too, with a few blueberries thrown in for flavor and sometimes some prunes but not when I'm on low carbs, oh yeah and chia seeds, all mixed in plain yogurt.

13 Mar
Delicious! Have you tried making your own granola? You can make it more or less with whatever you want, even leave out grains such as oatmeal. It becomes heavenly crunchy and tasty. There's an explanation to how to make it in the comments on one of my photos.
13 Mar
Haven't tried making my own granola, no... Just this raw version. Sometimes i add steel cut oats in the morning to soak in the yogurt by lunch... I just screenshotted your description of how to make granola though so maybe I'll give it a go. I've been much more 'make it myself' inclined the past year or two, so why not?
13 Mar
Yeah I often make more or less everything I eat myself, sometimes I'm too lazy. I started making granola since I didn't want my fiance's son to eat store-bought müsli packed with sugar. He liked the granola better. :)
13 Mar
Are you btw on low carb high fat or paleo or something?
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 1:33pm
via Android

Nuts!! And nut butter I.e. peanut butters, almond butter, cacao spread. Olive oil. Avocado. lentils, legumes, beans, leafy greens. Also smoothies.

15 Mar
Ugh, don't say nuts! I've eaten so much hazelnuts and almonds they're coming out of my ears! But avocado, need to start eating them again, mmmm. And mixed bean salad.
15 Mar
And lentils. I love lentil soup, beans, chickpeas etc but my fiance doesn't want to eat any vegetarian food at all and barely any vegetables apart from salad either.
16 Mar
Fake soy meat? Or normal meat and fish? Google vegatarian/vegan ______. Eg lasagne, pizza. You can make anything healthy and taste good
16 Mar
Hummus and crackers? Or hummus with celery, carrots
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 6:28pm
via Android

Sardines. Forgot sardines have protein and fat. :-)

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 10:12am
via Android

Salmon or tuna with some veg salad is best option...alternative is grilled chicken breast or egg white....but dont forget to add some veggie salad like brocolli, spinach, cabbagr etc coz high protein food makes our body acidic inside so to counter that we have to eat lots of fruits and vegetable...

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 11:05am
via Android

How bout boiled egg?

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 17, 2015 1:01pm
via Android

Banana with chia seeds are good go with

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51