Workout drinks

4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Mar 12, 2015 11:23am
via Android

So I want to tone my body and I'm tiny female.. do I drink whey protein that's what I see a lot of people buying

195 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 5:25pm
via Android

Riding with the (mostly stupid) mass is seldom a good idea. Ask 10 people why they're having those drinks and you'll be surprised what answers they give. Overall answer: most of them have no clue what they're doing, what their body needs and why they're trying to fill a nutrition gap there rarely is. Basically they're doing it because everybody does it, because it looks kinda cool and as if you take your training very seriously.

When you train normally to get fit, want to lose a little weight and your intake does not just consist of grass you simply don't need to waste loads of money.

Drink pure water to rehydrate. Easy as that.

1657 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 5:37pm

I agree with Matthias and will only add this.. "look at the bodies of the people drinking them". Are you impressed? If not, ignore what they do or say and speak to people who look like they train. You only need a protein drink if your body isn't consuming enough through food or if you train like a competitor.

12 Mar
Yes drink protein mass if you wanna build mass on you and drink green shakes or make your own shakes so you know what your putting in them.
520 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 8:08am
via Android

Protein powders are awesome, can I work around them through food? Yes perhaps but I don't know how to cook neither am I intrested to Learn, shakes are convenient and easy to make now I don't go and try to get 50 gms of protein in every shake in fact my morning shake which is also my pre workout only consists of 15 gms from protein powder the rest comes from egg whites peanut butter and almonds. I use them as meal replacements but as my current goal is to gain so I make them high calories shake using oats honey bannanas coconut oil etc, know that the protein powder isn't magic and won't do the hard work for you it will only insure that you're recovering quickly. If you think hitting your daily  protein quota from food alone can be a challenge add whey protein or other protein powders into your routine but do your own research and don't take anyone's word on it because what works for one person might not for another and vice versa hope this helped. Good luck lifting.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51