Diet impossible for me

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 10:51pm
via Android

Does anyone else find impossible to diet?
I do get motivated to exercise; but dieting is a complete different story.
I need my confort food.

13 Mar
I find dieting impossible also.. With my job, college, the hours I work, eating healthy ans timely is impossible. When I want something specific, I want it, I dont wanr to worry about what I can and can't eat. I love food, plain ans simple. I will work out but you can forget about the diet.. LOL. We only have one life and I want to eat awesome food, and as much of it, while Im alive!!
13 Mar
Exactly what I was thinking.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 11:02pm
via Android

Hi im about the same man... i excersize and all but i dont diet i lost 20 lbs just with intense workouts now im rock hard without dieting. Just try not to eat to many foods that have high frutose corn syrup in it

12 Mar
Thanks for the advice. But I love burgers, pizza, donner, etc. Not every day but at least once a week
12 Mar
Thats perfectly fine as long as its not everyday
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 12:12am
via Android

I think the best kind of 'diet' is where you make small changes to your eating habits. Changes that aren't temporary.

Eating progressively less sugar, cutting down on sweet drinks, adding more & more fruits & vegetables. These are all things I've done over time, not as temporary weight loss measures.
The changes in how I feel about food & how I feel from eating (sweets are still delicious but i know they make me feel like crap) is enough to reinforce these changes as permanent lifestyle changes.

13 Mar
I have done this in the past and I ended up giving up on caffeine, chocolate, crisps, etc. Then I was feeling an emptiness on the rest days of exercising. What do you do on this days? I feel like you need at least one cheat day. Innit?
13 Mar
It's interesting you say "emptiness". What hole inside of yourself are you filling with food? Why does food reward you and make you feel better and fulfilled? For a lot of people, I think this is the main problem that needs to be dealt with, but I also know it's a huge task that requires you to dig deep into yourself and find God knows what.
Image_thumb
155 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 12:32am
via Android

I'm not alone!! I eat almost everything, I just try to control portions... after all, a life without pizza, wine and chocolate is no life at all!! Just focus on more fiber n less sugar...

13 Mar
Well said. Don't stop eating them, just have smaller portions !
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 12:46am
via Android

For me, who to start with eats relatively healthy with no crazy cravings, the app my fitness pal has been an eye opener of my habits. It feel like a fun puzzle. I do not deprive myself-diets are punishments- but, a healthy lifestyle demands a bit of thinking on my part.

So here is my trip. Give your self a chat day or two. Shop, wash, cut and prep, this way when you open the fridge options are ready. Mass cook what you can on weekend that can last you all week.

I think for fitness/weight loss it is about ADDING better food rather than taking out comfort food. Then everything falls into it's own place.

Good luck!

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:52am
via Android

I cant diet for the life of me. I stopped eating at night and drinking soft drinks and that helped me lose weight. But i have to start dieting because my body has paused
I exercise 3-4 days a week but i wont lose anything unless i change my diet.

13 Mar
If you want to see big improvements you have to do both. But I can't
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:13am
via Android

Dieting, as in sticking to a low calorie or other quick fix diet for a limited time, is useless. As soon as you go back to your old ways you'll gain back again.

What you need to do is not dieting but start eating healthier. You don't need to go on a crazy super-healthy food regimen depriving yourself of everything. Even the fittest people on Skimble have cheat days when they eat whatever they want. The trick is to be mainly healthy and unhealthy sometimes instead of the other way around. Cut out sugars, soft drinks, fast food out of your daily diet. Eat them SOMETIMES, not daily or several times a week. It's hard to turn your mind around but in truth it is quite simple. Make your own food and carry healthy snacks around. I know that at least in the US people seem to eat out or takeaway all the time but really, you have the exact same amount of time as we have in Finland, where eating out is a special occasion that happens sometimes, not every day. Also, when you eat out it's easy to choose healthier options. Ask for vegetables instead of fries. Skip the dessert or have a piece of chocolate instead of huge slice of cheesecake. It's simple as that. It's all about your mindset, nothing else. Do you want this or not?

13 Mar
Very well said
13 Mar
It's not like I eat fast food all the time. I think I eat quite healthy (vegetables, salads, fruits, etc) But the more I think of quitting something the more I feel like doing it
13 Mar
I know the feeling, believe me. It's not like I'm some kind of ├╝bermensch or even live exactly what I preach. :) Adding things can be easier than removing things to begin with. And switching things for at least a bit healthier options instead of quitting altogether. You take it step by step instead of switching around completely at once. I think that's the best advice I can give.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:47am
via Android

Simple question some people eat to live and some live to eat which one are you? It all comes down to self control and dedication. Cheat once a week to satisfy yourself but that should be pretty much it.

13 Mar
The question is do you exercise only to look good or because it makes you feel good?
13 Mar
Neither.. to be healthy :) plus you do feel good when you look good and who can challenge the effects of endorphins released by excercise?
13 Mar
To feel good.
13 Mar
(Mostly. Looking good is a very pleasant bonus.)
13 Mar
It's all like wrapped up in a package and what's wrong with wanting to be healthy and looking good lol and to feel good is like a very philosophical topic "happiness is a choice" that sort of thing so I'd stick with being healthy and I would never depend my happiness on just one aspect of my life as to working out because I wouldn't want to be depressed if I can't for some reason, you can say I fear commitment lol :p sorry if I didn't make any sense, what I want to say is hard to explain with...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51