821 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 3:35am
via Android

That's like 20% of my protein buddy

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 5:08am
via Android

I think people might avoid it because of the fat content, but there is a whole lot of thought lately that the whole trend of avoiding dietary fat was a misdirected idea. Fat is high in calories and should be eaten with that in mind, but naturally occurring fats are not nearly as harmful as many ppl think

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 7:52am
via Android

When it comes to advice about food, everybody's got their own opinion. Some still avoid fat, while others say carbs are what needs to be avoided. Yet others say everything in moderation and don't avoid anything.

What you need to do is gather information and knowledge and make your own choices. Don't go by someone saying "you shouldn't eat Greek yoghurt" and you don't even know WHY you shouldn't do it. YOU decide what to eat and what's healthy for you, you know how your body reacts and what makes you feel good or not. Of course there are some general guidelines considering nutrition etc, but when it comes down to it it's your choice. But you need to know why you choose it.

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 8:01am
via Android
Greek yogurt is not 'bad'. But you reduce your intake of it. 1. reduce your intake of fats and increase your intake of carbs (fruits, veg, whole grains). Fats make you sluggish/slow and carbs give you lots of energy, so better for fueling your body and doing workouts etc. 2. Dairy is linked to acne, bone weakness etc. it is full of chemicals, hormones which wreck your body.
15 Mar
See, here I'm of the complete opposite opinion. :)
15 Mar
Why? I'm not saying avoid fats. Its better to have soy, rice, coconut, almond yogurt than Greek yogurt that comes from cows. But yes, he should research it and form his opinion. Eat what you want and what makes you feel good!! Anything thats not too processed and doesnt contain added sugar and salt is healthy in my opinion. I've just been reading that dairy is unhealthy (due to hormones, chemicals etc) and cows are practically tortured and i'm trying to reduce my intake. I read a book called Skinny Bitch and it made me question eating/drinking dairy products.
15 Mar
I eat low carb high fat so when it comes to carb/fat ratio I don't agree. I too question the humongous intake of dairy though, especially in the Nordic countries where even adults drink milk which is completely unnatural. I stick with organic dairy though.
11026278_10152691375272218_2176790350467970663_n_thumb
1 Post
Mar 15, 2015 8:08am
via Android

When following clean eating, full fat greek yoghurt is allowed. We are not supposed to have cows milk but although greek yoghurt is cows, it has been strained 2 or 3 times. Very yummy :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51