Need some healthy recipes

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 12:55am
via Android

What are some good foods with low fat and sodium. I'm not eating fast food anymore buy I'm having a hard time finding recipes with low sodium and fat to cook at home . I just wish there was a site with recipes for healthy foods. Can anyone help?

16 Mar
The app Yummly is a good recipe app, I search Pintrest a lot for food
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 2:34am
via iOS
Why do you want low fat recipes?  Consuming fat doesn't MAKE you fat, it's inactivity and consuming too much that does that.  Your body needs fat to operate properly.  What are your macros?  I aim for 40% carbs, 30-30 fat & protein.  
16 Mar
What about 80/10/10?? Carbs/fats/proteins
16 Mar
Jasmine, that's REALLY low on proteins, especially for someone who works out. Personally I aim for 15/55/30, but whatever our opinions on carb/fat ratio are you need to eat a lot of protein when working out. Protein is what builds the muscles.
16 Mar
Really?! Lol. I've done the high fat high protein diet and I couldn't do half of the training I can now being 80/10/10 vegan. I also have a friend who's done the high fat high protein diet and he's been 80/10/10 vegan for 8 months now and he's gained SO MUCH muscle since doing that. I was so sluggish doing high fat high protein. Blech. xP
16 Mar
Nikki, well each to his own, I say. Whatever works for you, you should stick to. Personally I feel sluggish and hungry ALL the time if I eat a lot of carbs and it ends me up going way over my calorie goal. But when it comes to protein everything I've read so far emphasizes the importance of protein for building muscle.
16 Mar
I don't have a calorie limit. I make sure I get ENOUGH calories. I can go as high as 3,000 calories in a day & I'm not afraid of food anymore. I feel so much happier and energetic being high carb vegan. And I've lost 40 lbs so far! I suggest people try different combos and see how you feel, like Anna said, it depends on the person. Make sure you FEEL good and can do the training you wish. If you can't workout like you want to, there's obviously something wrong with your diet FOR YOU.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 3:09am
via iOS
Checkout www.skinnytaste.com 

I also agree with the other poster, low fat isn't necessary AND I also follow the 40-30-30 plan with my macros. 
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 16, 2015 3:09pm
via iOS
I like skinnytaste.com, too. You might want to check out www.cookinglight.com.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 11:06pm
via Android

I don't want low fat just low sodium and healthy stuff high in potassium and protein and fiber

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51