Acid reflux when I do cardio

2 posts | Original | Recent
52 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 6:19pm
via Android

I choose my foods very carefully no spices fats fried takeout i.e. veggies chicken tuna crackers sometimes whole grain bread no red meat but every time I run I get acid reflux on full blast sometimes I have to stop running I eat 3-4hours before a run and drink a lot of water what can I do to prevent it from happening I'm feeling real good I don't want to drink milk or eat cheese (makes me gassy).

17 Mar
Try eating more alkaline foods also a little baking soda and water really helps.
17 Mar
Thank you I'll try that today
385 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 6:39pm
via Android

I do also but I have an stomach ulcer which I take meds for, so now its more burping than acid reflux...

So I don't recommend you take any remedies at least until you seeen your doctor who can arrage a down the throat a scope (forgot the name).

It's not painful just weired and takes 20 mins.

...quite funny when the air they inflate your belly with comes out

16 Mar
I have I also have ulcers from severe anorexia I had a few years ago I take nexiums and promethazine pills but it's really bad like it will go off and on some days then there's some where I just can't stop burping and it burns my insides
16 Mar
I have the same issue with stomach acids. I began taking probiotics and no more reflux! I also cut my coffee intake to 1 cup a day with a lactose free creamer. Made a world of difference!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51