Hey skimblers! It's been awhile.. I have a Q

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 12:53pm
via iOS
Hey guys! I haven't been active on here for a while- it turns out that working 60 hours a week and trying to prepare for school does not leave a lot of time for exercising :/ but no more excuses!!!!

When I stopped working out, unfortunately I've put back on some weight :( but I've been working hard at getting back on track. Problem is, I can't do a thing around my family without them criticizing me and my diet. Here's a quick look at what I'm consuming daily:

Breakfast: water, black coffee, and a veggi supplement drink

Lunch: 3 oz of meat OR 2 fried eggs, and a salad ( 0 cal dressing, 3 leaves of romaine lettuce, a little chopped onion, and Brussel sprouts.)

Dinner: more veggies (usually cauliflower, zucchini, and spinach) and 3 oz of meat.

Is this a enough food?? I 'm not eating a lot (on average, I'm consuming about 300-500 cal) but does that really matter, as long as I'm eating very healthy and getting a variety of nutrients ? My family says "no!" and thinks I have an eating disorder:/ do you agree or disagree? If you agree with them, what should my diet look like from now on?

Thanks for your time!
[if you ever need a motivation/workout parter, message me!
26 Mar
You're going to eat a total of 1200 or more calories per day, right? Check out the CDC site for recommendations. Write your intake down, or use an app like Myfitnesspal or Loseit to track your macro and micronutrients so you can gauge if you're eating enough and the best things to fuel your activity.
27 Mar
Sorry Makayla... Def not enough calories to maintain energy... Up your foor intake... Your body will go into starvation mode with that calorific intake. Will dlow your metabolism right down. Start to breakdown muscle and will do you a lot of harm...
27 Mar
I agree with your family! So have a great body and I believe that you should eat more protein, veggies, and fruit. But like many people said here if you feel hungry again take a snack with you like walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, dates, and many more. Plus you also have fruits and bars as for snacks!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 1:06pm
via Android

If you think, thyt you can't give 100% while working out, eat more carbs. Not to much than necessary but enough to get power to train. And if you feel hungry between meals eat some fruits. I eat bananas, strawberrys, blueberrys or apples. :-)

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 1:06pm
via Android

I think that it all looks really good, mainly because you are getting the nutrition you need for a good workout.

26 Mar
You need a certain amount of calories too, and eating 3-500 calories a day won't even get close to providing your body with the nutrients and fuel it needs.
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 1:49pm
via Android

The site my doctor prefers can be found if you search on your browser for : cdc healthyweight :.
It's the U.S. government site and they keep it updated with the latest research.
http://m.cdc.gov/page?url=http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 1:54pm
via Android

No way 500 calories is enough for you! Ear up girl

26 Mar
Thank you for making it clear! I'm hoping she means she is eating 300 to 500 cals pet meal
26 Mar
26 Mar
Yeah I hope so too
26 Mar
Two eggs and some lettuce for lunch? That's not even 200 calories.
26 Mar
Yup self control is comendable but there's that difference of hard work and smart work
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 3:05pm
via Android

No its not enough and yes you have an eating disorder if you believe eating like that is healthy. It's like putting half a tank of gas in your car and think you can drive as far as with a full tank since you provided it with fuel.

Women should never eat less than 1200 calories a day, period.

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 3:20pm
via iOS
I can't make a comment right now, I'm busy smashing my face on the desk in frustration
26 Mar
Go easy on the desk :p
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 3:30pm
via iOS
Seriously though, calories as low as this is borderline anorexia nervosa & if done long-term will lead to significant health and psychological problems. 

I'm not gonna say "eat more" coz I've been with someone who had the condition. All I'll say is I hope you read the comments on here, ignoring the bullshit responses saying it's fine, and speak to a professional or at least google 

"What happens to a woman's body if she only eats 500 calories" 
26 Mar
Oh! And I applaud your family for criticizing your diet. They are doing it because they care.
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 5:06pm
via Android

You are eating healthy and I'd recommend you continue to do so.....but I'd significantly increase your intake.  Think of calories as fuel for your body.  If you don't eat enough it starts taking fuel from reserves in the body.  Typically people will burn over 1000 cals, just for the body to stay alive.  If your intake is that low your body will start breaking down your muscle mass to get the energy it needs.  So I would highly encourage a higher calorie intake to prevent the body from shutting and breaking down.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 26, 2015 5:18pm
via Android

I highly suggest adding a carb reload day to keep your metabolism up to par. Try eating more lean meats!!(especially chicken) grilling it makes it taste so much better than any other method imo

Image_thumb
95 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 5:10am
via iOS
No, that isn't enough calories.  If you think it is, then yes, I agree that you're bordering on a disorder.  

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51