Juice with Drew?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 5:08pm
via Android

Anyone have any success with Drew Canole and his fit life.tv program? Any problems, reactions? I am considering his juicing for weight loss, but wanted to pick everyone's brain before making the decision. Thanks y'all!

Image_thumb
95 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:49am
via iOS
I'm not familiar with that program, but I can give you my views on juicing: making fruits and vegetables into juice allows you to consume more servings worth of calories.  Essentially, this is the sugar in the fruits, leaving behind the fibre.  For weight loss, you need fibre.  You also need to control sugar intake.  In my opinion, this would be the opposite of what juicing would do.  I make smoothies with the whole fruit or vegetable, so I get the calories, primarily from sugar, but I also still get the fibre and other nutrients.  Just my humble opinion, but I just don't see how juicing can be beneficial.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:24pm
via Android

Thank for the reply Jeff. I'm not looking at a juice only cleanse. He believes it is to be used as per say supplementation. I would still consume whole foods for fiber, and stay away from juicing fruits to limit sugar intake. For instance... juice cabbage, kale, ginger beets, spinach, lemon and small amounts of carrots due to their sugar.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:55pm

I think a morning juice packed with nutrients etc is good for you, but I'm not a fan of meal replacement drinks. The body is meant to consume food, and the replacements are over-priced nonsense compared to a balanced meal plan.

if it's to complement your meals, like a protein shake does, though I don't see the harm.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51