Dieting tips; foods to avoid

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 3:45am
via iOS
Hey guys! I'm looking forward to weight loss and toning.
A little about me:
I'm a cheerleader and in track for my high school but exercise doesn't seem to be doing the job. I've been trying for the past year and thought exercise would be enough but it isn't, I hear weight loss is about 80% diet? I have no one who can really help me and was wondering if anyone could give pointers?

-I don't eat a lot of junk food and I don't drink soda more than 3 times a week
-I eat white rice, grilled chicken, & beans almost everyday (Puerto Rican essential foods)
- I eat fruit about 2 times a day & eat vegetables like 6 times out of the week

Image_thumb
952 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:29am
via Android

Your diet looks pretty good actually. Mostly we want to avoid junk food and it seems like you eat mostly real food.

Soda is really pretty bad though. It's a lot of empty sugar calories and if you drink 3 20oz bottles a week cutting that out completely can make the difference in calories to lose maybe a pound in about 3 weeks. (if you don't eat those calories back somewhere else, that is)

Carbs, while good energy, are quite calorie dense, so maybe consider cutting your rice intake by just a little.Try to eat a little more vegetables. They're packed with nutrients and have extremely few calories.

01 Apr
Thank you so much! And I will try to cut soda completely from my diet and is about 3/4 a cup of rice fine? I will try to add broccoli or other vegtables to my meals.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 6:12am
via iOS
I'd agree.  According to what you wrote out, there are virtually no vegetables. Also, I see little junk food, which is great, but what are your portions like?  Over consumption still counts even if it's healthy food.  To a certain extent, calories in still need to balance calories out.  Having said that, you're a teenager, so eat up and burn away!
01 Apr
Well my portions are about half a chicken breast with a cup and a half of rice and about a 4 spoonfuls of beans for dinner. I also eat a lot of oranges and apples and occasionally eat celery and carrots. I eat about 3 times a day; morning snack, lunch, afterschool snack, dinner
02 Apr
Your consuming too much race. Really only need a 1/2 a cup of rice. Also beans are more carbohydrate than protein....so your eating a heavy carb dinner....cut back the rice and eat more chicken.
02 Apr
Apr 1, 2015 11:13am

it is good for life..if we avoid means no use our body..

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:08pm
via Android

Love the profile pic btw...

01 Apr
Thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51