24 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 4:45am
via Android

Any one know if there are any good protien pills, etc that is good for me

Image_thumb
952 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 8:24am
via Android

As far as I know, we haven't yet discovered how to effectively get macro nutrients in pill form. Macros are carbs, fats, & protein. We can get vitamins in pill form, cuz your RDA is in milli-or micro-grams. But to get something like 20 grams of protein (a reasonable single serving) you have to eat at least 20 grams of something.

Real food or supplements like shake powders (which comes in big scoops) are the only way to get any real serving size of protein.

23 Apr
Maybe someday. Sometimes I REALLY don't feel like cooking and wish there was a pill I could take and then magically get all my nutrients.
23 Apr
Thanks an yea i see ppl taking pills an im not a pill person so im trying to see if its better tp get a protein shake or the pills but idk about them an dont just want to waste money on something thats not good for me
23 Apr
Anna, that would be awesome lol. I am hardly ever hungry so I have to force myself to eat, especially breakfast! I wish all my meals were pills.
Image_thumb
952 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 10:01am
via Android

The pills you see ppl taking are probably things like creatine or caffeine or just vitamins... I don't really think those are a good idea for most people... But there are a zillion different ideas on what supplements are good, or whether they're even good at all.

If it's inconvenient for you to eat enough protein, any basic protein powder (whey based, probably) that's low in sugar would be good for a beginner for after weight training. I use dymatize elite xt just because it's not so expensive and easy for me to get in Korea.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 11:00am
via Android

The closest thing you have to protein in a pill are amino acid pills. But even then you are only getting about 6grams. Not to mention those babies are huge pills man and you take about 4 - 6 at a time. You can get protein powder. I like bsn syntha 6 , or myofusion. 

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 12:37pm
via Android

Syntha6 is a great protein and mixes very easily. Muscle Milk and Monster Milk are the best tasting but also have more fats and carbs (not a bad thing for recovery!)

Lotta pills out there for caffeine, aminos, creatine, Testo boosters, nitro boosters, vitamins... if you really want pills then grab some aminos and vitamins.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51