Overripe bananas

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 7:46am
via Android

How long are bananas still good for smoothies?

23 Apr
Until they're rotten, lol. Adding them to smoothies is a great way to use bananas that don't look tasty anymore. You can actually put them in the freezer too and use them when you want a banana smoothie or shake.
23 Apr
lol Anna, good answer. I also think it's much on personal taste. I once read (and agree with that): Don't add anything to a smoothie what you also wouldn't eat anymore
23 Apr
A lot of people (including me) think that bananas don't look tasty anymore as soon as the peel starts turning even a little bit brown, even though they're still completely edible.
23 Apr
I've used completely brown peel bananas (almost mushy inside) to bake banana bread and make smoothies with. Is the banana tasting bitter or is the shake bitter? What all are you mixing together?
23 Apr
Its definitely the banana because I opened one up to eat the other day and it was mushy, bitter and I couldn't even finish it.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 9:19am
via Android

Its just, when they're good and ripe, they're sweet. But mine are going bad fast and are tasting bitter. Not sure if I should still eat them.

23 Apr
That's weird. Usually bananas get sweeter the riper they get. Do you keep them in your fridge? Bananas should be stored in room temperature.
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 23, 2015 12:53pm
via Android

Only when I cut them in half. That may be it though!

23 Apr
And if in fridge, never together with apples!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51