Soreness and supplements

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 24, 2015 10:35pm
via Android

So I've seen supplements ( in whey protein- like containers) that were labeled as before workout, post workout, and recovery? What are they?

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 1:04am
via Android

I'm asking because if you use them, supposedly a lot of people experience little to no soreness. Which to me, equals less down time and more progress faster! Also, what is kreatine ( not sure if I spelled it right ) used for? Can/ should women use it.

04 May
Creatine is a chemical acid that is stored in your muscles and is used for anaerobic energy cycles (short bursts). Creatine is primarily used to 'generate' ATP which is a phosphate that when breaks down to ADP, releases energy. So in simple terms, when you are lifting weights, you are using anaerobic energy (less oxygen)... so your body is using creatine to supply you with that short burst energy. But this energy lasts only for a short time and after a while you will feel the 'burn'. This 'burn' is the lactic acid build up which is a by product...
04 May
- Glucosamine Sulphate 3x a day for your joints - Multi-vitamin once a day before your workouts preferably during lunch and do not take on empty stomach - Protein during the day (in various forms, breakfast, snack, lunch, after workout especially). - Creatine after workout but for females I would dose very moderately (i.e. twice to thrice a week) - PS: you can get creatine from red meat and other sources of meat Vitamin C timed release 30mins before bed with an empty stomach (builds immune system). Optional: BCAA with your post workout protein shake - helps repair muscle. BTW...
10 May
Thank you for the detailed explanation on what they do and what they are for! Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 3:56am
via iOS
Amber, you're asking a ton of questions! Which is good!!

BUT

Have you just started working out? 

If so... Forget supplements!! Just work out, sweat, burn & rip shit up. 
Don't worry about supplements, let your body adapt to training and take it from there in a few months time.

First see if you can stay committed to training for 3 months. After that then maybe it's worth spending money on supplements 
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 8:35am
via Android

Yes I have been, but I'm really sore but don't want to stop. If those things will help my recovery time be quicker and my workouts be more efficient I'm all in lol. Besides I'm not giving up its definitely not worth it.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 10:58pm
via Android

The only thing that will help you recover as quickly as possible is protein and rest. Also consistency,  if you keep skipping leg day guess what your going to hurt bad whenever you hit legs again. And when I say protein, I mean eat chicken breast, salmon. Lean meats are the way to go.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51