Dehydration and over hyderation

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 10, 2015 9:25am
via Android

Peak Power IHi. It is prtty hot in ths part of the world right now. I am finding it difficult to keep myslf hydrated rightly...during d workout n otherwise...coz of the heat i sip up a lot of water...n thn i feel bloated...n thn agn i feel thirsty lk a barren sandy sahara...n the vicious water circle goes on n on...please suggest me if i need to add smthng to water to stay rightly hydrated

11 May
The salt in the sports drink combos helps. Unfortunately it also can create a problem sometimes. Taking in some potassium a little while later seems to help eliminate any swelling from overloading on salt. Munching on broccoli or banana are two I've had luck with. This is my unscientific, epidemiological observation. :-)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 10, 2015 9:54am
via Android

Sports drinks with electrolytes, or coconut water, or just eating fruits in addition to drinking water, are some ways to replenish electrolytes in addition to simple h2o

Salt & potassium

10 May
Some sports drinks and brands of coconut water have added sugars though so read the labels! Adding some lemons and other fruit in your water will help as well!
Image_thumb
171 Posts
May 11, 2015 9:05am
via Android

I make my own sports drink in a jug in the fridge and it's so nice for working out, when you're ill/dehydrated or even hungover. If you want I'll send you the recipe, it's very simple!

11 May
I'd love to have the recipe too!
12 May
13 May
Me too plox lol
13 May
Lol I'm a dork, I just realized you posted the recipe. XP my bad... >.>
13 May
Hye dork...hw hv u been?
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 11, 2015 2:03pm
via Android

Oooh u r most welcome....i am all ear n eyes

Image_thumb
171 Posts
May 12, 2015 9:15am
via Android

Here it is :)

Lemon ginger sports drink:
1 medium ginger root, in slices.
1 liter of water.

Let those simmer under a lid for about 30 minutes and then turn the heat off and add in 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of fine seasalt, then let it cool down with the ginger in there. When it's cooled down throw out the ginger and add in:

The juice of 3 lemons
1 liter of water/coconut water( I usually just use water but coconut water has potassium)
Some stevia(or whatever sweetener you prefer)

That's it. I think it tastes like a lemonade mixed with a sports drink, I actually really like to just drink it, lol

12 May
Never thot that a health drink can be made ths tasty!!! Sounds yummm....thanks....cheers...after i make it
13 May
Sounds delicious but just like Bald C I think I'm too lazy to prepare it, lol.
13 May
Haha, okok. Though I think the way I wrote it made it seem more complicated than it is
13 May
It was mostly the lemons. Like "whaat go to the store and buy three lemons and then just squeeze them oh hell no". I don't know why that sounds so strenuous! Maybe I could just use ready-made lemon juice. How long does it keep fresh?
13 May
Those damn lemons. Well, I'm sure you can try the bottled stuff, but you would need kinda a lot. It's never lasted me longer than like 5 days so I can't say if it'll last longer. Now I'm worried you guys will hate it if you decide try it... After all that haaaard work :p
Image_thumb
86 Posts
May 12, 2015 2:25pm
via Android

becoming over hydrated is a very hard thing to do!

when you drink water, try to have little sips throughout the day instead of chugging it all in on go. that much water at once WILL bloat you.

you can get water in different forms like the person below mentioned, coconut water, and fruits are high in water, they are great if you wanna switch things up.

like i said, keep drinking, not chugging, and you'll be good. i actually think online theres a water calculator where you can actually calculate how much water your supposed to have.

12 May
Thankyou Agent Carter ;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51