What to eat??

3 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
May 11, 2015 8:37pm
via iOS
I started going to the gym about two weeks ago and my main target area is my stomach. So far I've just been sticking to fruit infused waters but my eating habits are a bit off. What foods should I avoid and what foods should I eat to help get rid of stomach fat
950 Posts
May 11, 2015 11:08pm
via Android

Getting rid of fat is a matter of, on average, burning more calories than you eat, which is called a caloric deficit. There are many ways to go about doing this. Basically though, it comes down to eating less and exercising more.

You might want to use the app 'myfitnesspal' which is a very useful app for setting your goals and counting calories. Some basic ideas :  when cutting calories, you'll want to make the ones you do eat count. This means not eating empty calories like junk food, which will leave you hungry still needing nutrients.

Cut almost all added sugars. Cut most processed foods. Avoid liquid calories, stick with mostly water or unsweetened coffee or tea. (I'm not sure if your fruit infused water has calories but if not then ok)

Eat way more vegetables. They are extremely low in calories and high in nutrition. Fill a couple containers with chopped cucumber & carrots &/or whatever you like fresh. Sprinkle a little seasoned salt on if this helps. Eat those throughout the day as snacks or meals.

Small servings of nuts, plain yogurt with added blueberries (blueberries are a low sugar fruit & quite convenient to buy frozen), fish, canned tuna or salmon, cottage cheese, eggs, (a boiled egg is a good protein snack) chicken breast, salad with olive oil & a sprinkle of seasoned salt...

If you use myfitnesspal, you'll gain a deeper understanding of what you eat and what it offers your body. It takes a bit of getting used to, and some investment of time to dial things in.

Good luck. Don't get too discouraged if you can't do it all perfectly from the start. Just try to incorporate some better habits and keep coming back to them and adding more as you can. You're going to face setbacks, like anyone else. For me, I've found the trick isn't in never straying from the path, the real trick is always returning to the path after I stray.

3 Posts
May 11, 2015 11:36pm
via iOS
Thank you very much. This helps a lot

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51