Good Choices So Far?

5 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
May 13, 2015 3:59am
via Android

I've lately been drinking much more water than before (the frequent trips couldn't be more annoying) and I consume food more frequently than before. 3 weeks ago before I used to have one or two big meals a day and not even eat breakfast (big no no).

Most of what I eat now is fruits, veggies, rice, and meats (chicken, ground beef, fish). I've gone light on the bread and pasta (only because its a love/weakness of mine). Mixed in with a couple in between meal replacement powdered drinks and I'm doing good so far.

I don't eat chips or drink sodas (haven't in the last few years). I put coffee creamer in my coffee with no sugar now.

Thing is, I had someone telling me that what I was doing as far as meal replacement was wrong and that I run a risk of further harming my body because of what my body is used to. Thoughts?

950 Posts
May 13, 2015 4:30am
via Android

I would say you're the best judge of what's going on. If what they said were correct, as far as what your body is used to, you would be noticing some adverse effects by now, I would think.

14 May
I think Patrick is right. Everyone is different and no "one" diet works for everyone. If you're feeling better then that's your body thanking you! No one can experience how you're feeling so you're your own best judge :)
21 Posts
May 13, 2015 6:34pm
via iOS
Seems you're doing ok. If you start feeling worse, then you might want to change something.  However, if you see positive results, feeling better, well rested, less stress and more energy, then you're getting it right. Listen to your body. Good luck.
1657 Posts
May 13, 2015 7:32pm

What was the basis of this person believing you were doing harm to your body?

3 Posts
May 14, 2015 4:16am
via Android

If you make too many changes to rapidly then you may experience some short term manifestations, such as headaches or general fatigue. Some extreme cases could result in increased chances for injury. From what I read, you may experience the some minor discomforts but these changes shouldn't result in any major or long term side-effects (bad side-effects that is).

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51