Calories-The devil on my shoulder

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 22, 2015 7:04am
via Android

I am new to a healthy lifestyle. People usually give up within the first few weeks because they aren't seeing results. I think there are so many factors to manage and if improperly managed, your body will not produce results.

If I stay under 1500 calories a day, will I lose weight? When would a person need to start working out before hitting the plateau on just dieting?

22 May
Also 1500 cal a day is ok if not exercising, but if you do then make it 1600-1800 otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and weight loss will stop, happened to me recently.
22 May
Everytime I start an exercise plan, that happens to me. Then I just give up. Now, I want to understand what's happening and figure out how to overcome each plateau. I'm not giving up this time :)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 22, 2015 9:33am
via iOS
Hey, i may be wrong but in my experience just dieting alone only works for the first week or so. This is because your body will quickly get used to your new diet, your body can adjust pretty quickly and you will stop losing. The only way to get over that is to either restrict calories more (bad idea) or workout harder. If i was dieting alone i would need to eat well and under 1000 calories to lose weight and that's just not healthy. So my advice, start with some casual exercise now and ramp it up each time you plateau. Good luck 
22 May
Awesome advice. That's kinda what I was thinking but I'm still pretty inexperienced. I appreciate the feed back. I need it!!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
May 22, 2015 12:11pm
via iOS
WANT TO LOSE OR GAIN WEIGHT: READ THIS!!!

These topics will help you understand how to cut weight in a healthy way 
Image_thumb
51 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:30pm
via Android

Hey Mike, calorie cutting in addition to training will make you look amazing.  However, if i train, i add the calories back into my diet for what ive burned during training.  My problem is staying under the calorie limit.  I love food.  Maybe this won't work as well if you're a guy and you want to gain muscle.  However, if you just want to get cut, diet and exercise is the way to go.  I use myfitnesspal to estimate how many calories i need to eat.  A lot depends upon what kind of job you do during the day, e.g. if you're sendentary, etc.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 22, 2015 2:47pm
via Android

I'm a short guy 5'6. I eat 2000 calories a day and that's a caloric deficit for me. I train my ass off. And I am consistent with my nutrition. That's it.
Acaloriecounter.com for more info

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 24, 2015 12:23pm
via Android

I heard that people shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories a day unless supervised by a doctor.

Calorie King is a great tool to see a range of calories you can eat to lose weight.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51