What kind of pre-workout is the best?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 28, 2015 4:35pm
via iOS
Hey all!
I have a protein smoothie that I make for breakfast or post-workout. Is there a pre-workout drink that is better than others? Should I even use a pre-workout drink?
28 May
I'd no expert but I like to either start cardio or stretches/cardio
Image_thumb
459 Posts
May 28, 2015 5:19pm
via Android

If you're just starting out,  is stay clear of pre workout drinks.
A lot of them are packed with creatine, caffeine, and beta alanine.
As a woman, that creatine will F..k with your hormones. Bad.
I've seen it. All you'd really need for that extra boost of energy is half a serving of protein about 45 minutes before your workout to carb up. Or...a tall ice coffee 15 minutes before. Many pre workouts are just going to pack you with extra stuff you don't need.

My advice is research the ingredients in pre workout, find the ones that would actually aid your goals, and you can buy those separately if you really want to supplement.

But it's just advice.

28 May
I'd * stay clear.
01 Jun
Thanks for the advice DJ.
01 Jun
Anytime
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 28, 2015 7:02pm
via Android

If you think u need more energy try something simple, a shot of espresso with an apple. See how that goes. If you feel you need more a kick in the ass,  like stated do research before buying anything.

Adobephotoshopexpress_2013_12_04_19_48_56_thumb
57 Posts
May 28, 2015 7:35pm
via Android

I was a pre workout junkie for years. Had amazing results, tons of energy, got nice pumps etc.

When I came off the products, felt like death. Ringing ears, dizziness,  increased heart rate, blood pressure,  even got brain zaps. At one point thought I was going to seize.

I stopped all the supplements and I have a small pre workout meal. Granted it's not a stim, or beta Alanine. I can still complete and progress through my workout.

01 Jun
Ok. Pre-workout meal. I do that sometimes. I use fruit or energy tea.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51