What supplements do you take and why?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Jun 24, 2015 10:20am

Hey everyone, I take probiotics for my stomach, omega oils for the healthy fats and vitamin D because I'm deficient (UK sunshine, or lack of it, gah) - what are you all taking and why...? And do you notice the effects?

24 Jun
Whey Protien For building muscels.
27 Jun
Whey protein for muscles. Glucosamine for joints and multi vitamins for energy .xx:-)
28 Jun
Glucosamine is great for joints Louise!
28 Jun
I do sometimes take spirulina powder too xx
29 Jun
Try not to depend on supplements blindly...They might have late posteffects...main supplements and the safer ones are only through natural sources..
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jun 24, 2015 2:52pm
via iOS
It is for easier access to protein! :) but some people go too crazy... :P
24 Jun
I mean the protein supplements.
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 26, 2015 2:16am
via iOS
Hi! I take Spirulina (it's a freshwater bacteria), it's good for an overall detox. It's also good for the digestive system, PMS symptoms, The immune system and inflammation. I also take chlorophyll, which promotes healing. B12, amino acids, and the occasional Chinese herbs end up in my daily routine. 
28 Jun
Great
Jun 26, 2015 5:54am
via iOS
Hi Vivienne, good choices, I also take spirulina! Have you tried maca too? It's great for an energy boost and is really good for balancing hormones. Have a lovely day ☀️
27 Jun
I have. I wasn't crazy about it but things grow on you sometimes, you know. I'll check it out again soon.
28 Jun
Ahh maybe it's not for everyone (a friend of mine gets an upset stomach when she takes maca) but yeah, you may love it one day!
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 6:20pm
via Android

I am a vitamin and supplement junkie.  I haven't been as good at it lately due to life changes.  However, i take a multi/supplement mix called "true balance" by now foods to regulate my blood sugar and get all my daily nutrition.  I do a lot of protein-mostly protein shakes and bars and greek yogurt.  I will also take calcium and vitamin d at night.  It helps me sleep.  I also have a bunch of other stuff but ive listed my main routine above.

28 Jun
Haha I get a bit like that too, love trying out new supplements! If it works for you, then why not?! Have a super day
Image_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 28, 2015 10:50am
via Android

Hello,
I take glucosamine because lot of joints problems. Multivitamin because I am following the warrior diet and it helps me going through the workouts lol. Just tried this month L-carniting to see if it helps transforming fat into muscle. I take from time to time 5-htp to regulate my sleep and mood. In the past I took guarana which I loved for the energy and for burning fat but I cannot find it anymore were I leave now. I tried for 2 weeks spirulina but it made me feeling very bad and constipated me like hell, had to stop !

29 Jun
Oh no sorry that spirulina made you suffer! Do you find 5-HTP helps you sleep? I know someone who wants to try it to help with sleep and she's not sure if it will work.
29 Jun
I would say it helps regulating the hours of sleep. I have tendency to go very late to bed and to wake up very early anyway, so chronic lack of sleep. When I take 5-HTP, I fall asleep earlier and wake up later, you can as well take melatonin to regulate your sleep cycles. It doesn't work on everybody, and do not expect a chemical sleeping pill effect:-)
29 Jun
but at least she won't get addicted :-) Regarding the 5-HTP, the concentration is far from being the same depending on the brands, for me the higher ones are the better ones (you can find 100 mg up to 500 mg) .
29 Jun
When big issues, I take combination of 5-HTP, melatonin and other plant supplement like cassia siamea, escholtzia, arena sativa, Humulus lupulus, valerian officinalis. All together, it is working on me, but I never take them for long period of time.
29 Jun
Thanks for all your advice!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51