Drink while workout??

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 25, 2015 7:29am
via Android

Hey gyz! I m going to gym in morning time and do home workout in evening.should drinking water while doing workout is a good option?
Should we drink water.or can I drink some glucon-d?

25 Jun
Yes but sip it during the gym...you should already be well hydrated before the gym and drink as much as you want after :-)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jun 25, 2015 7:37am
via Android

You can drink whatever the hell you want. But I stick with water, lots of it

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jun 25, 2015 7:53am
via Android

I like drinking water the day before so I'll be hydrated Gatorade or water for me but natural pure water is always better

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Jun 25, 2015 3:35pm
via Android

1.5 gallons of water throughout your day should be your target. And I've read orange juice while training also has good carb benefits for sustaining energy

30 Jun
That's ridiculous ! Where did come up with thAt number? That's like 180 oz of water ? Good luck tryin to choke that down. Trust your body. If you are thirsty drink water. Forcing it down is not a great idea unless under special circumstance perhaps.
30 Jun
the recommended intake is based on calorie intake if someone consumes about 3800 calories a day, they should drink about 3800 milliliter of water a day which is 3.8 liters a day,so approximately a gallon a day This is just a basic rule of thumb to ensure you're not drinking too much. Other factors are lifestyles, physical activities levels, etc. We all workout here, and summer is here. So it is recommended for someone weight training to drink 10 oz. Every 10 mins. So to say 1.5 gallon is very realistic. I know I at lease drink a gallon a...
30 Jun
But i do agree with you ryno, don't force anything down... unless it's protein jajajaa
30 Jun
Maybe I miscalculated but isn't a gallon 128 oz? So that's 16 glasses of water ?
30 Jun
I also just think that setting all these targets to reach is a set up to mental fatigue and feeling like you fail if you don't hit all these targets. So much easier to trust your body. I do think it's good to know the recommendations but sustaining all these targets is unlikely
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 26, 2015 10:35pm
via Android

Sip some water while working out. No sugars

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 3:39pm
via Android

Thnx gyz.

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Jun 27, 2015 7:24pm

Drinking water is absolutely a great ida for working out it helps you stay hydrated and keeps you concentrated.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jul 1, 2015 8:17am
via Android

If i miscalculated below my bad. But generally the rdi is about a gallon a day for the average male. Now take into account training,  metabolism,  humidity.  You'll find yourself drinking more than a gallon a day. I do find myself drinking that much easily, and no I do not set a target everyday. On average I have to fill my pitcher of water 3 times daily (60 oz), and that is just at my house. I drink all day on the road, at work, at the gym.... and this is most likely due to the fact I live in southern California,  train and have a physical job. This is my perspective on water intake. I do however agree with you, listen to your body. My body tells me I'm thirsty as f*** Sorry for the essay

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51