Weight gain.

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 11:54am
via Android

Anyone have any helpful tips for us small guys to gain weight? I'm 6'3" @155. BMR is 1836. I'm having trouble gaining weight. Here is my typical regimen of food. Any tips would help out.

Breakfast 7am
Apple
Banana
1 yoplait yogurt
1 carnivore mass protein shake.

Lunch 11:15
1 bag of instant pasta
16oz glass of milk.

Dinner 6pm
1 10oz chicken breast
1 cup of vegetables (corn, green beans, or mixed vegetables)
1 serving rice or pasta.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 2:57pm
via Android

Same goal man. Try to eat 5-6 times a day,like 3-4 hours between meals. Best breakfast is oatmeal with fruits. Eat chicken breast,turkey,tuna,eggs. And the most important thing- train your legs and core. Good luck

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:12pm
via iOS
Your body type from your picture appears to be an ectomorph. As an ectomorph you will benefit from a high caloric diet to gain small weight pluses but keep in mind it will have to be over a long period of time (2-3 years). You will need to cycle on a mass building diet then cycle off onto a lean diet (this is necessary to bring out the muscles and prime them to grow).

Also your training would have to stress the muscles a lot so you need to pick up exercises such as gymnastics or cross fit to push the growth envelope of your muscles.

6 months high caloric meals (5 meals a day lean bulk)
6 months low glycemic diet (5 meals a day low GI)

Repeat for 2-3 years and you will see tremendous results!
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 4:21pm
via Android

Thanks Noel, I'll up my calorie intake a but more and really put some stress on the muscles. I'm currently training in a freerunning gym around town, which is similar to gymnastics, but outdoors. Any other tips let me know, very appreciated.

10 Jul
Be sure to supplement Glucosamine sulphate 3x a day Protein of course with all your meals (powder and food sources) Veggies - kale brocolli spinach Complex carbs such as sweet potatoes, brown pasta - the occasional simple carbs such as potatoes, etc. Creatine BCAAs Multivitamins Vitamin C and ZMA 30 mins on empty stomach before bed Flax seed oil 3x a day
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 7:21pm
via iOS
Keep in mind the bulking part is the ugly part where you get heavy - you won't look your best so be prepared. But once you lean down after the 6 months bulk, you'll see noticeable strengths! I usually bulk in winters and lean in summers.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 7:27pm

That is the look im trying to avoid getting at all times. I dont want the bulky almost fat look, i prefer to stay lean and cut all year round if i can. i dont want to get huge or jacked, i just want to appear lean and cut, for my body to be able to do what it was made to do. that is why i prefer my workouts to be calesthenics and plyometrics rather than big bulky weights, i have no need to lift 250lbs over my head. the need i have for my body is all natural movements and motions, due to my freerunning training. 

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 10, 2015 7:34pm
via Android

I mean no disrespect and I appreciate all of your help, I really do. I'm just trying to avoid that bulky look at all costs. I don't like it and it doesn't suit me and my dreams for my body.

10 Jul
No worries and no disrespect taken. You won't be bulky or chubby per say it's just that you won't be AS RIPPED... Ectomorph getting bulk would look like an endomorph ... With slightly less definition.
Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:21pm

I'm a bit intrigued exactly how many calories do you consume, and what does your typical workout look like?

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:30pm
via Android

Im trying to gain weight to im 165 im trying to get to the 200s im 6 feet tall. Any one of a good weight gainer. I could take or a good workouts i could do

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:48pm
via Android

A solid weight gainer is carnivore mass. $50 gets you a week supply and you drink it twice a day at 750 calories a piece. Back in December I was 140 and I've been drinking it since then and have hit 160lbs at highest weight. But I dropped back down after starting a workout regimen.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:55pm
via Android

I try to keep my calorie intake at about 2500 a day. Plus my two carnivore mass shakes for an additional 1500.  My workouts up until now have consisted of the following:
Push-ups to failure
30 accordion crunches
Pull ups to failure
30 flutter kicks
Dips to failure
30 accordion crunches.
(3 sets) Monday.

30 squats
30 hanging crunches
20 calf raises (each side)
30 flutter kicks.
(3 sets)  Tuesday.

Boxing workout
5 low kicks left
5 low kicks right.
20 straight punches (alternating hands)
5 high kicks left
5 high kicks right
20 hooks (alternating hands)
20 sit up jabs.
(Wednesday)

Repeat cycle for Thursday thru Saturday.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 4:30pm

mind you i only fell back down because i stopped taking it twice a day and started taking it once a day. but im back up to two a day and steadily gaining again. about a pound a week. 

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2015 5:36am
via Android

Thanks ill try thay.. I qas at 175 but seen a gut and started doing cardio big mistake us skinny guys loose weight fast so i messed up and learned the hard way but its ok im on track now

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2015 12:44pm

i would suggest a HIIT schedule. it help with lack of cardio but also builds muscle, or take your cardio down a bit. i've read a few times that to much cardio is bad for you. hence why you see those people at the gym that do nothing but cario, but never lose weight. you should try to limit your cardio to 2 hours a week, unless you're a runner of some sort, you shouldn't need much more than that. 

11072904_975778102433738_7429353074180537783_n_thumb
1 Post
Jul 20, 2015 4:20pm
via Android

Try to add a table spoon of peanut butter after your workouts..helps you gain mass effectively and it provides you adequate calories since we will lose calories from cardio and workouts

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51