Importance of rest days

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 13, 2015 4:08am
via Android

Call me stupid but I really don't want to take a rest day during my workouts. I'm concerned I'll take a rest day and then don't get back to the gym. How necessary is this?

13 Jul
Idk by I'm with you. I rest when I'm asleep that's all. I know I'm doing it wrong but I feel well rested in the A.M.
13 Jul
Make your workouts routine...say week days, giving you weekend to heal up...of course if you're just doing general exercise then you may not need the full weekend as we are humans our ansestors did a lot more every day!
13 Jul
I have the exact same issue as you. I love to squat and deadlift every day rest days to me seem to pass so slowly and I HATE it I usually go run but idk man feels like it's not enough.
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 13, 2015 6:34am
via Android

Sure sleep is important, but just sleep isnt enough. If you do excercises to work out muscles the muscles that got strained and are repairing themselves take around fourty eight hours to repair, but if your workouts aren't too intense maybe take one or two days off after two or three days of excercising in a row. Remember over training can have bad effects.

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jul 13, 2015 9:36am
via iOS
As long as you sleep (8hours) and eat a good number of calories (85% or more of your total daily need) there are no need for a rest day if you feel good, or even if you feel like crap. You are going to recover just fine. You can train full body every day if you want to. If you consistently underperform for a few weeks, it may be time to take a step back, rest a little and maybe try something else.

But yes you can train everyday if you like to and have the time.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 23, 2015 5:56am
via iOS
Not necisseraily you need at least one day (I would recommend 2 days if it was intense) for your muscles to recuperate as if you don't let them rest long enough you have a higher risk of injury.also it lowers your energy output very Slightly and actually weakens your muscles if you keep going and going with no proper rest.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51