Help with basic weightloss diet?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 2:58am
via Android

Hi, I'm not looking for any special diet with abunch of rules. I just need help with a basic healthy food regimen for weightloss.

Does anyone have any advice to help me?

I read so much stuff about what I should and shouldn't eat, and honestly it get confusing. I'm just wanting advice from real people, on a healthy diet that has worked for them? What are the basics!?

20 Jul
You can eat whatever, whenever. Google IIFYM stands for if it fits your macros. At the end of the day, calories are calories.
26 Jul
You could try the "No S Diet". It's quite simple: 3 rules and 1 exception: No Sweets, No Snacks, No Seconds - except Sometimes on days that start with "S" (Saturdays, Sundays, Special days). :)
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 4:18am
via iOS
WANT TO LOSE OR GAIN WEIGHT: READ THIS!!!

In it's most basic form you need to eat less calories to lose weight, or create a "calorie deficit".  Like Jovon said, calories are calories. 

If you read the topic above and following the info you can calculate how many calories you NEED. After that you just eat less than the number (my advice is to reduce it by 5% every week). 
If you eat less than what you need you'll lose weight - eat too much & you gain weight, eat too little and your body will try not to lose weight & you'll quit. 

As for how to eat - a handful of carbs (rice, potatoes, salads, veg) + a handful of protein (chicken, fish etc) + a finger of fats (avocado, bitter, almonds etc)
20 Jul
*butter not *bitter
20 Jul
Thanks you :') I also didn't mention I was vegetarian, and I know there are a lot of protein substitutions, but do you have any suggestions for the better protein substitutions for weightloss?
20 Jul
I eat veggie burgers, and for a woman there's a decent amount of protein in them if you choose the right ones. Edamame beans is a fave as well.
20 Jul
Like morning star veggie burgers? Or homemade ones?
20 Jul
Don't focus too much on "which ones are the best for weightloss" you'll get lost amongst all the paleo/whole30/gluten-free/blah blah blah..... Work out your calories & just start eating at 5% below, reducing it by 5% a week so your body loses weight in a healthy way & in a way that it'll stay off. Eat a good mix of protein/carbs and a small amount of fats at each meal & you'll begin to drop. Keep sugar low but allow treats (keeping under your calories) and you'll avoid binging or quitting. My best advice?? FOCUS ON THE CALORIES & WORRY...
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jul 20, 2015 4:39am
via iOS

You're welcome. I've seen so many examples of people who believe they are eating "clean" food, but they completely disregard the calories. My maintenance calories are 3100. For the last 4 weeks I've been reducing my calories each week & I'm now at 2191 because I want to lose 1-2lbs per week and keep it off. I can now basically eat anything I like because I'm eating at a deficit (I eat healthy the majority of the time but had nachos & Ice-cream this weekend!). If I stop losing weight I'll reduce by another 5% etc etc. Once I hit my goal weight I can then start getting technical with macros (I've been on high protein for 3 weeks but am not moving on to high carb for example) but no matter what I do it's the CALORIES that are important. I've helped people who couldn't understand why they weren't losing weight but when I looked at their food they were eating 3000-4000 of "clean" food!!!!! Ermmmmmm that's not how it works people's!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51