Hungry after workout

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 27, 2015 3:27pm
via Android

Anyone else starving after their workouts? I eat my breakfast(usually 2 oat and honey Granola bars) and drink 16-20 ounces of water before doing my workout. After my workout I'm so hungry and feel kind of dizzy and lightheaded. First instinct, of course is to eat something. I crave carbs or salty snacks, but I'm sure eating after my workouts is counterproductive. Anyone have any advice? Should I be eating a bigger breakfast or something?

27 Aug
Your not eating enough before you workout and possibly not eating enough throughout the day. If you are dizzy that's a big sign you you are not eating properly. As for just being hunger after a workout, join the club. I'm always hungry haha
27 Aug
Also if you eat after a workout it is not counterproductive.
27 Aug
I've been trying to eat more healthy foods, but it makes me more hungry. I'm taking a daily vitamin as well. My goal is really to get healthy, not just lose weight, and these "healthy foods" never curb my hunger. And sometimes make me more hungry. I'm told fiber makes you feel full, but it doesn't for me. I eat these Granola bars packed with fiber and protein for breakfast and I'm starving. The rest of the day I have things like sandwiches with lots of veggies, or a salad for lunch and at dinner I have lean meat, plenty...
28 Aug
Also would like to add make sure your drinking plenty of water during your workouts!
28 Aug
Also Jovon is correct, your probably not eating enough or the proper foods, especially your breakfast, you need a carb and protein!
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Aug 27, 2015 4:13pm
via Android

Not an expert on this but maybe snack on something healthy after? Not a big snack and not so small you'll genuinely be hungry after.
Carrots, broccoli, celery, etc. Those sound good (:

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 28, 2015 5:36am
via Android

After a workout you actually should be eating. To get a bigger effect from your workout you need to fuel your body with the nutrients it needs so it can use them after excercise. Of course this doesnt mean gorge yourself sick on junk food, but eat a healhy meal with protien, healthy carbs, and other nutrients.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Aug 29, 2015 3:28am
via Android

always try to have a pre workout snack before your workout....like an hour and a half before...that way you dont get cramps, but you have enough energy to fuel yourself.

as for being hungry/eating after a workout, being hungry after a workout is common (especially if you havent ate before) because your body worked hard. eat after your workout, it wont harm you. put good food in your body, and good things will come out of it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51