Good sources for reliable information?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 3, 2015 10:22pm

So I'm doing my best to clean up my diet and eat sensibly, but there is just so much confusing and contradictory information out there. The only things a lot of people seem to agree upon are the ones for which I've seen the least evidence. (Not saying the evidence doesn't exist, just that no one seems to be quoting it.) I'm so confused!

Where do you turn and who do you ask for solid, sensible nutrition information? Any really great sources to recommend for non-extreme, sustainable diets?

04 Sep
I use cdc.gov and nih sites. My internist said the cdc site is a great one.
09 Sep
Thanks Sharon, I've been reading through the health.gov sites and the links from the cdc and finding lots of good stuff. Way better than Health Canada's.
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Sep 4, 2015 1:24am
via iOS
If you are a gym member asking someone you admire for a little advice. Gym goers are usually very friendly! There are soooo many ways to eat clean, it's really a test and fail to see what best suits your lifestyle. Feel free to message me, I'll be happy to answer some of your questions! 
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 4, 2015 1:31am
via Android

Well I read a lot on the subject. I usually do not agree with the stuff that is published by men's or women's health.  Seems they just like to hop on the band wagon.

Some good websites are out there. Bodybuilding.com is one of my favorites,  they have a ton of useful information and always have references to what is published.  So you know it's more fact than opinion.
Muscle and fitness, lean it up, livestrong are all great websites as well.

If you have and specific questions you can ask or inbox me. I'm always willing to help people that have some sense of intelligence.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Sep 8, 2015 3:29pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice! I don't have specific questions as much as just wanting to learn more, so the sites you've recommended will be helpful. I had looked at livestrong before - followed a link from another site - and found its layout very difficult to use, with the info presented in slideshow format and a lot of advertising. But maybe I didn't see the best part of the site, so I'll give it another chance. :)

Cheers!!!

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Sep 24, 2015 7:23pm
via Android

Here in Britain the NHS have a website called NHS Choices with loads of evidence-based health info. Google that or Google the "eatwell plate" for information on diet. Hope that helps

24 Sep
Thanks!!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Apr 16, 2016 10:02pm
via Android

Thought I should update and say that the latest research has resulted in a slight change to the eatwell plate.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51