Best foods to eat? !

6 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 5:03am
via Android

Hey everyone I'm from Western Australia and just joined this app! Any motivation would be great ! I really want to tone and wanting to know what foods I should be concentrating on

12 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 11:41am
via Android

Fruits and vegetables are the best ,they are low in fat and very nutritive and good for your health!

23 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 7:16pm
via Android

I definitely think cutting the desserts and fast food completely will help. Other than that I would make sure you are eating a good amount of protein. You can do this by eating beans, soya, tofu (im vegetarian so can't really speak on meat). Protein will also keep you full for longer. Totally agree with the fruits and vegetables. Definitely drink about 2 to 3 litres of water a day.

Remember to eat small meals about 5 times a day. This will increase your metabolism and make sure you have enough fuel for the day.

1 Post
Oct 4, 2015 10:03pm
via iOS
As others have stated, lots of fruit and veg, keep your portion sizes in check. 

You may want to calculate your BMR here: and start tracking your calorie intake with something like My Fitness Pal, it has a barcode scanner so you can scan nearly all the foods you eat. 

I would also splurge and get a good set of scales for weighing everything else. Once you've done this for a while it will become second nature. 

From there you can monitor your intake. For toning up I would recommend being in a positive calorie intake (just over - +100 calories) as this will keep your energy up. 

Five portions across the day would be ideal, but even with three, you should make considerable changes.

Try and work out 3 times a week, use heavy weights and stick to 5x 5 reps at max weight. Make sure you can do all 5 sets with the one weight (a bit of trial and error to start off). 

Also try and get 3x cardio sessions in per week.

As always, eating healthy will change your body, cut out any junk food and enjoy working out (find some good music).

I also use the Apple Watch to track my fitness and workouts, it's not exact but it gives you a good indication of what's going on daily in your routine.

Good luck, and stay focused. You can do it!

1 Post
Oct 4, 2015 10:17pm
via Android

5 Posts
Oct 5, 2015 1:49am
via Android

I'd suggest you start tracking your meals using my fitness pal or lose it. You can play with your macros and how close are you to your nutrition goals etc

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51