Are you meal prepping

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 6:14pm
via Android

If you're meal prepping to count calories, how strict are you with the little things such as onions or bell peppers. I'm being very basic with my meals now but would like to start lookin gb for recipes for variety. How do you all do it for convenience?

10 Jan
Oh and I meal prep twice a week. Usually only meal prep my lunches tho. I make dinner fresh. My lunches are very basic. Right now I'll do one beef recipe that includes a mix of peppers tomatoes and onions with seasonings like cumin garlic salt and red pepper. And then I'll make either chicken breast or thigh in a sauce either pan fry or bake them and will just buy some frozen veggies to compliment the meat.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 6:41pm
via Android

I am too lenient with things like veggies, I bet. I meal plan. I use My Fitness Pal. Or sometimes my 21 Day Fix portion control knock-off containers.  But usually I do MFP. With veggies I just use a middle of the road calorie amount.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 11:55pm
via Android

I'm not strict with veggies.  Since they are so low in calories I'd say pile them on. Careful with the sauces tho. That will add up cals/carbs/fats quick.  Depending on what you use of course.

11 Jan
I think it's the olive oil I like to add to my veggies.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 11, 2016 12:04am
via Android

This week I am making chicken salad for my lunches to take to work. I use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Over the weekend I try to cook about 6 chicken breasts. I make some of the chicken salad, some I dice up to use in omlets or soups. I tried to make a couple extra, so my husband will actually make a healthy choice when he's making his yucky ramen noodle soup kill at least add good healthy chicken breast

11 Jan
Hahaha way to go Kimberly. Hope you're hubbby starts laying off those sodium killers.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 11, 2016 10:28am
via Android

I'm kind of obsessive about logging everything when I'm doing it. I weigh my portions and everything. Besides calories, I like to know how my nutrition is adding up. It's satisfying to see those vitamins skyrocket after some veggies. You might also be surprised at how many calories some veggies actually have.

In general, I think it's not gonna hurt you to just ballpark estimate veggies tho. I've often thought, as far as calorie counting, I could just not even log veggies at all and be just fine. Calorie counting for weight loss is such an inexact science anyway, and you would really have to eat so many vegetables to hinder your progress even a little in a caloric deficit weight-loss plan, if you're tracking everything else.

Just be sure to weigh yourself weekly and if you're not making expected progress you gotta change how you're logging some things, like log fewer exercise calories, or shift your profile's daily activity level to a lesser active level.

Jan 11, 2016 5:10pm
via Android

Hi i am new on the side and would love some healthy recipes

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 11, 2016 6:49pm
via Android

I don't actually count my vegetables, but I do incorporate then into every meal.  When I meal prep, it's usually with something like soup or chili. Mainly just so I dont have to cook lunch every day. Otherwise, I usually cook as I go.  I always keep breakfast simple, lunch quick, and put the most effort into dinner. Lots of vegetables through out the day,  and a lean meat (usually chicken or turkey) once a day. And I log everything I eat or drink.  Helps me stay on track thorough out the day.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 13, 2016 1:23am
via iOS
I'm meal preparatting Day 2. Love how much energy I have. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51