foods suggestion to get better health from skinny body.

4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jan 18, 2016 2:01pm
via Android

I am a skinny boy . what kind of diet plan i should follow to get into a good shape. (vegeterian)

26 Jan
15 Posts
Jan 18, 2016 3:43pm
via Android

Your not going to gain much weight being a vegetarian, you need protein from meat sources

19 Jan
It's not the protein from meat sources that will help him gain weight it's the added calories in most meats that will do it.
19 Jan
Maybe I should've cleared that up a little and said muscle mass which protein is a big source.Could always take a weight gainer supplement.
19 Jan
Just eat eat eat
19 Jan
i am pure vegeterian so i cnt take meat. any veg food plan which will work??
19 Jan
If you read above replies. I give a list of complete sources of proteins which means a complete swap for meat. But yes, eat eat eat!
821 Posts
Jan 19, 2016 7:32am
via Android

Hey dil. I'll tell you from experience as a hard gainer former vegetarian myself.

I weight trained for 1 year and a half as a non meat eater. And it was very hard for me to get enough calories in everyday to actually pack on size. Now I'm not telling you to quit the veg lifestyle I still respect it. It was just too hard for me to gain, and quite frankly I was spending close to 200 dollars a week on just food for myself because I lived that lifestyle for about 12 years. I had to give that lifestyle up, I wasn't healing from my workouts in time and was spending way too much on food.

With that said. It's not specifically anything you have to eat. It's just a matter of how much you eat and how often you eat. go there and learn about calorie maintenance level and calorie surplus. Because u need a surplus. Avoid cardio if you are a hard gainer. You want to shoot for muscular hypertrophy.

950 Posts
Jan 19, 2016 7:58am
via Android

If you are vegan I can imagine that might present some greater challenge but a typical vegetarian can eat dairy and eggs, right? Fish? That should be easy.

Do you eat dairy like cheese and yogurt? How about eggs? Those are all good sources of calories and protein. If you're gonna eat eggs for protein though you probably should consider removing some yolks, since getting enough protein a day from eggs with yolks would quickly overload your fats and overall calories.

I eat mostly vegetarian these days but not strictly. I make my own seitan from vital wheat gluten. Great protein source and very cheap. Combined with beans and rice and it's great.

Most protein shakes are vegetarian. Most aren't vegan though there are some.  I combine straight rice and pea protein powders with a third whey based shake mix for flavor.

What about fish? I eat canned tuna and salmon a couple times a week.

Nuts and seeds are good for snacks. Add raisins for some carbs.

You just gotta eat a little above maintenance and do weight training /resistance training. You can't counteract your genetics but you can definitely add muscle mass while vegetarian and even while vegan.

19 Jan
Vegetarians do not eat fish. That would be considered a pescatarian. But yes other than eggs being a complete source of protein meaning it contains all the eaas. There is quinoa, seitan, soy, ezikeil bread, rice and beans, quorn, chia and hemp seed. I use to like to mix quinoa with lentils and sweet potato in different sauces and spices.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51