Pre workout

5 posts | Original | Recent

13055339_1739965029616617_2721520913821879561_n_thumb
1 Post
May 2, 2016 10:12pm
via iOS
So I am wanting to take something pre workout for energy. What do you guys recommend?
02 May
green or black tea.
03 May
i cant have caffeine. is decaf green tea still good?
03 May
Yeah just add some honey
07 May
black. water is always good
08 Nov
you can have any thing but in small quantity if its fluis than better but 5-10 minutes b4 workout
Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 5, 2016 6:30am
via iOS
Depends how long and what intensity you are going to do.  Generally a piece of fruit should be enough for moderate exercise if you lack energy, though often you will get better results on empty stomach.   You may just need more sleep too.   
If I'm doing anything intensive over an hour I'll have a caffeine based pre-workout half an hour before I start and a milk coffee and apple five mins before.   Anything longer like 20km plus run I'll take some carb mix also half hour before.

And drink plenty of water.   
Image_thumb
27 Posts
May 20, 2016 1:56pm
via iOS
I've been reading it's better to workout on an empty stomach, and I have a really stupid question because I'm a little confused. Does "empty stomach" mean nothing at all, or just no food? I like to drink water right when I wake up. Would that still count as an "empty stomach" or should I just jump right in as soon as I wake up and drink water during the workout?
08 Nov
yes you can drink .just avoid large meal
Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 20, 2016 3:11pm
via Android

The idea that it's good to exercise on an empty stomach is, first off, wrong.

It's based on the bad science of thinking that if you have no food calories to burn, your body will burn fat for fuel.

This is just another bs shortcut people want to believe.

Losing fat doesn't depend on whether you do exercises on an empty stomach or what exactly your body burned for fuel during your 20 minute workout, fat loss depends on maintaining a caloric deficit. In fact, if you work out on an empty stomach, especially in the morning, if I remember correctly, your body burns a higher percentage of lean tissue for fuel (muscle) and we all know that ain't good.

Your body needs food to function properly, even to burn fat properly.

Now, if people are talking eating a big meal before a workout, I would agree that it's not a good idea. But I always make sure to have eaten well earlier, and to have a good pre workout, usually a shake.

08 Nov
its not bad science its because when you have food the most of the blood is supplied so that your could absorb .and when u workout after meal there is not enough blood supply to your muscle and atrophy of muscle occurs leading to bad shape, haemorhage even fracture so thats why empty stomach and its better if you want fluids have them 5-10 minutes b4 workout
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
May 20, 2016 4:18pm
via Android

I would advice you a cup of coffee. Maybe even 2.

And just placing your meals with enough time arround your workout. Which is a little different for everyone.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51