Wild vs. Farm Raised Salmon Preference?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
145 Posts
May 4, 2016 7:15pm
via iOS
I know wild salmon is considered better since it had a natural diet with no extra bs, but I love the taste of farm raised salmon .. Which do you prefer?
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
May 6, 2016 6:35pm
via Android

MCS certified is my favourite. The only ethically sourced fish

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 6, 2016 9:10pm
via Android

I love wild salmon

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 7, 2016 3:12am
via Android

Wild salmon

Image_thumb
122 Posts
May 7, 2016 11:12am
via Android

Wild

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 1, 2016 10:30pm
Hi, just curious why you think wild Alaksan salmon is not ethically sourced. There are very strict regulations safeguarding this resource, as well as many many hatcheries and other programs to ensure that wild caught salmon (in all of it's natural nutritious glory) remains availalable as the awesome food source that it is! You also can't argue that wages aren't fair, so...just wondering??
01 Jun
That was a question for David J, but I'm having technical difficulties :)
02 Jun
Hey Nan. I didn't say Alaskan Salmon wasn't ethically sourced. In fact, you're absolutely right to say it is. My comment was a gentle prompt to encourage people to check (as well as highlight that there are more things to consider than wild vs farmed) so good for you for checking buddy. Glad I'm not the only one thinking about the environment here :)
02 Jun
Oh! and for anyone reading this I just wanted to plug the Good Fish Guide smartphone app!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 1, 2016 10:36pm
Wild, wild, wild! Farmed salmon tastes much more "fishy". It is also dyed to look pink because the fish are not fed enough of their natural diet and end up with an unpleasant grayish colored meat (not to mention the questionable diet translating into questionable food). Yuck! Also, when you buy wild, you support an important industry (and sustainably managed nutritious resource) that creates thousands of US jobs!
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jun 2, 2016 5:20am
via iOS
Wild is the best option. Farm is being link to some illnesses bc they eat what they eliminate and create a more bacteria i. The water they are raised.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51