Meal/snack suggestions

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 7, 2016 4:01am
via Android

I work nights and I've ran into difficulties with good healthy ideas for meal and snacks while working. I'm not able to cook, heat anything up, or keep things refrigerated at work plus I'm driving so that adds another level of frustration. Any ideas about something that would be a mess free easy to eat finger food that won't "go bad" would be appreciated.

07 Jun
I always keep raw almonds in my car
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 7, 2016 5:59pm
via Android

You could also make your own granola or bite sized protein snacks. When my daughter has tournaments I do this and there are a lot of easy recipes out there that are healthy. Fruits and veggies are an option as well. Good luck!

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 7, 2016 8:44pm
via Android

I'd get an insulted lunch bag/box and throw some ice packs inside to be able to keep cool.  I always like doing wraps when I was working on the road.  They are easy to eat with one hand and there are tons of different options and variety with the fillings.

07 Jun
What would you use for the wrap? I've tried carrying burritos but the tortilla would get soggy and tear apart.
08 Jun
Any type of meat (chicken, turkey, beef etc), salad greens, spinach, vegetables (onions, celery, peppers etc), herbs (basil, parsley, chives), beans (lima, chickpeas, kidney), legumes, quinoa, rice etc. You can remove excess water from the ingredients with a paper towel to avoid a soggy wrap. If using sauces, stick with heavier ones like hummus, guacomole or cream cheese (the flavoured ones add lots of taste). Salad dressings will turn everything into a soggy mess.
08 Jun
As for the wrap itself whole grain and ancient grain tortillas and whole grain pitas hold up better than white flour or corn.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51