LCHF

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 25, 2016 10:19am

Hello everybody,

I've been eating low carbs since some years and wonder if there are more skimblers who eat that way.

Would be interesting to exhange som experiences

25 Nov
I eat low carb too. I love it. Once in a blue moon I will have a cheat meal with my family. But mostly I love eating this way. I feel like I don't have any bloat like I do if I eat carbs. But exercising and eating this way has helped me get my old body back. No it's not for everyone. But no lifestyle is right for everybody. You have to find what works for you. And this works for me.
25 Nov
it definatly helped me a lot to get down in weight. I'm quite sure it's a good way to eat and definatly much better than all this fast carbs who gets your blood sugar bumping upp an down.... Guess I disagree. it's good for everybody i think :-)
Image_thumb
219 Posts
Nov 25, 2016 1:18pm
via Android

I'm frequently eating no carb/low carb for some days, then switch back to normal. In general I reduced carbs, but it's not really LCHF

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jun 17, 2017 5:36pm
via iOS
Hi, Heiko. I am low-carb/slow-carb and basically vegetarian. But some months ago, I also chose to start eating wild-caught salmon. Low-carb is incredibly healthy! Especially when people learn that sugar is a poison, and that simple carbohydrates turn straight to sugar in your bloodstream, and jack-up your insulin. Not good. Knowing these basic facts is a life changer. Also, the still-developing story of WHY and HOW the public is largely unaware of this (THANKS, sugar industry and HARVARD University) is toe-curling. How long have you been low-carb? Cheers!
18 Jun
Lol @ al this bro-science. Blaming sugar and insulin is really 2016 talk.
18 Jun
Eating low carbs is fine. But sugar isn't poison and spiking of insulin when you eat is normal and healthy. A whey shake also spikes insulin alot. This is poison then aswell?
18 Jun
Why don't you take this up with Dr. Robert Lustig, MD at Stanford University Medical Center and UC San Francisco Children's Hospital? He's the author of the book “Fat Chance: beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity, and disease,” and also the e-book “Sugar has 56 names: a shopper’s guide.” Or "debate" the authors of reports on sugar and heart disease research, published last year by JAMA - Journal of the American Medical Association. Reach Dr. Lustig at UCSF Children’s Hospital, 888-689-8273, or on twitter: @robertlustigmd. He's also on LinkedIn.
19 Jun
Lol I'm not saying there is no problem with sugar consumption in alot of countries. There is. But this does not mean that sugar is poison. Or that insulin is a work of the devill. Also, there are alot of different ways of looking at this. If you look at sugar and diseases related with consuming too much sugar and an unhealthy lifestyle, yes there will come up alot of problems. If your target audience are active people, who are healthy or trying to get healthier. The people who I believe are mostly on this app. There isn't such a...
21 Jun
I'm with Rappa! Carbs and insulin aren't the devil. Oh and if you talk about insulin as bad hormon, don't eat protein, Protein, some amino acids to be more specific, cause higher insulin that sugar! And i have read tne books of Dr. Lustig - and his summary is, that neither LCHF nor the paleo lifestyle are the best ways for health. Is sugar, fructose-corn sirup and many convinced foods bad? Yes. Is wrong fat bad? Yes it is. Is too much fat and sugar bad? Of course! For many people we can say, reducing sugar/carbs, reducing bad fat, increasing...

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback