body fat %

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
69 Posts
Jan 22, 2017 10:10pm
via Android

So i go back to the gym next month (had my membership frozen for a few months) and they are having a little contest. ---Lose more body fat than the manager---
I know diet will play a huge role in this, so i would love some advice.
This month i put myself on a little diet in an effort to clean my eating habits. No sugar, no starch, no bread, no dairy. Mostly low calorie and low fat. (Kind of follows along the guidelines of the HCG diet, which i have done before)
This wasn't a difficult transition for me and it was easy to cut or eliminate these from my diet. I have lost almost 13lbs since the 1st just on diet alone. I am feeling really good and have very few cravings. (Mostly for cheese, which i allow myself a small amount if i feel the need to cave) but next month i would like to add a few things back into my diet, but i want to do it right.
I started at 143.3 lbs and am currently down to 130.6.. i want to get in shape for motocross this spring and this little contest will be a great motivator for me. (Even if i lose, i win right?)
I already have a really good workout routine i just need some help on the diet part. So i guess the repeated questions of - What should i eat? how much/how often? should i worry about supplements and protien powders ect? I keep reading about macro/micro nutrients and carb cycling and such, but honestly i really don't understand it much. Any advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Image_thumb
1054 Posts
Jan 25, 2017 10:43am
via Android

I think you should keep it simple.

Calculate how many kcal you need in a day. Which a calculator that gives you your TDEE, Total daily energy expenditure. And go under it as low as you can handle while still having good training days and recover from them.

Macro's are your fats, carbs and protein. Which are the basics. I wouldn't worry too much about micronutrients at this moment. But they are vitamines, minerals and trace elements.

Protein plays a big role in building and maintining muscle. So in a way it's the most important macro while being in a cut. You need to hit a minimum number. What that precize number is there is alot of debate about haha. But arround 1gram per 1lbs of bodyweight is a pretty good standard.

Fats and carbs are needed. Carbs are our main source of energy. And fats are needed to stay healthy.

So if you want to lose weight Quick. Stay low in kcal, eat enough protein, this helps with bodycompesition and train.

25 Jan
well put and well said. just do that.
25 Jan
thank you! looks like i have some googling to do but hopefully this will point me in the right direction!

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback