Creating a Super Breakfast...

1 post | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 12, 2017 9:00am

Hi,

I rescently started using MyFitnessPal to track all my kCal/energy intake (and as a data-nerd this works well for me :) )

After 1 week I can see some nutrition issues and since my consumption is rather standard its reflective of a longer period. (ie. I've realized I take almost 0 vitamine A, not enough iron, WAY WAY too much sodium - why is there salt in evreything!?)

A few questions:

1.) The App suggests that I have 610 cal for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and 205 for Snacks (30%,30%,30%,10%). Is it really best to equally divide calories throughout the day or is it better to have a big breakfast/dinner and small lunch? (I also sit in an office all day)

2.) Nutrition/Vitamine Intake: Is it better to distribute throughout the day or is a single dose? For example, I can drink 500 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning which is 120% of daily Vit C. Is it better at once or 125 ml x 4 points in time?

3.) Creating a super breakfast...

I would like to create a fixed breakfast / lunch that satisfies a majority of my daily intake and then have dinner serve as the variable to reach the remaining needs. Anyone know what healthy and tasty ingridients would make a good meal?

For Lunch I usually have 4 sandwich's (8 slices of bread) (usually more like a brunch and an afternoon meal) and the toppings dont matter + 2 manadrines + Banana. Here I was thinking cheese sandwichs to reach calcium requirements.

For breakfast, I was thinking something along the lines of Orange Juice (VitC), 2.5 oz Carrots (100% of VitA), Cereal (special K/ or something else for Iron) + Milk for Calcium, etc.

Instead of reinventing the wheel... does anyone have a good Breakfast + Lunch (in sandwish form) Combo that hits several of the daily nutrient requirements?

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,262 topics, 38,299 posts

Motivation & Support

8,520 topics, 41,735 posts

App Updates

27 topics, 67 posts

Ask the Pros

732 topics, 1,862 posts

Workouts and Programs